US Airlines to start more flights to Cuba

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

US Airlines to start more flights to Cuba

Postby Art8274 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:29 am

More airlines are preparing to fly to Cuba, according to the Wall Street Journal.

With restrictions on travel to the Communist-ruled island loosened earlier this year, four large U.S. airlines - American Airlines, JetBlue, United Continental and Delta Air Lines - will operate about 25 weekly flights to Cuba for charter companies by the end of the year, the report says.

Charter companies estimate about 400,000 Americans will fly to Cuba this year vs. 250,000 last year, the report says. In January, President Obama liberalized travel rules to Cuba for students and religious and cultural groups.

American has been flying to Cuba for two decades. JetBlue arrived last month. United Continental and Delta are resuming weekly service to Cuba after a seven-year hiatus, the report says.

Re: US Airlines to start more flights to Cuba

Postby lobbybobby » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:55 am

Great news. Didn't realize Paul was playing there. What are the dates of the show(s)?
catch up...cats and kittens...don't get left behind...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:02 pm

Hey Lobby, don't be fooled by this clown commercial in disguise; that's no Macca fan there, just someone trying to make a buck. But on the other hand, thank God I can finally go to...Cuba...
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:46 pm

Okay all. So U.S. airlines are flying to Cuba. What is the big attraction there? Cuba is a communist country. The economy is depressed. The fabulous houses that once were before Castro came into power are crumbling into decay. What is there for the average tourist to see? Cigar making? Stolling on the beaches? G'tmo? Come on. I want to know why anyone would go to Cuba except to say they've been to Cuba.

And yes, I wonder. Are there any Macca fans there?
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:32 pm

hey...they have great cigars...fantastic food...purrtee nekkid wimmins...and some really great music* !

aaannnnddd.....you can find some nifty vinatge cars to go with your faded vintage clothes !

* check out some of the music ry cooder has brought to our attention from there...there's a great movie/album called 'The buena Vista Social Club'...don't knock it until you've heard it, music fans !

otherwise...you'd think ol' artie woulda got the KERSLAMIN' message the 1st time...but !nooooo
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:07 pm

Anyone interested in learning about the deplorable conditions of Cuba should check out a site called The Real Cuba, you'll see why you don't want to get sick there, make a phone call, speak your mind or sympathise with artists, among many other things.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:50 am

Okay Mr. H. Atom,

What if you are not into cigars, pretty naked women, Cuban food and Cuban music. What else is there to do in Cuba? No I don't smoke and I am not into Pretty naked women and I can't eat certain foods and I am not especially fond of Cuban music. So I think I will stay home in the good ole USA where I can speak the language and I will not get thrown into jail for voicing my opinions. But for those who do like those things and want to go to Cuba, here is your chance.

Just don't drink the water, get sick, voice opinion or get mugged.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:22 am

ouch !

calm down kiddies !! really...let's not act like poor, wee cuba is the only frikkin' place left on the face of the planet where there still is some injustice, please...

there are far worse things that can happen in many countries...including too, too many that our country/govt has been, and is still, way too cozy with
we've spent oodles and gobs of money proping up and defending just saudi arabia...and americans cannot, while visiting, live any more in freedom there than they could in cuba: thier own citizens, however, fare worse; women cannot drive cars and real, live humans have been known to be stoned to death for being accused of adultery !

my ode was not in any manner, way or form a love poem to cuba...and should not have been taken that way...

maybe you ought to check out what is actually happening around this great big beautiful world of ours...honor killings...ritual stoning-to-death...mass murder....mass rapings...these happen in 'friendly ' countries as often as they do in unfriendly ones...you wanna do something really dangerous...go to parts of friendly ol' mexico, or other paces in s. america, and announce you're an american..see how long it takes until you're kidnapped and taken away for ransome 'well, well...just because' as a former beatle once sang...never mind just being mugged.

cuba, for all its faults (and they are many), is nowhere near as bad as many places we consider very friendly even now...but it is one of the few countries that still has as many barriers up as it does...you can go to china, where they force people into concentration camps for trying to exercise free speech...they've also been known to frame and kill innocent people so they can slice them wafer thin and have them in travelling shows, maybe you've seen one ?

or russia...they've got a neat record of abuse of dissodents that occurs even now

so...you're not into cuban music...did you even bother looking into what i was mentioning ? it was not, actually, just cuban music...but rather cuban influenced jazz...it's really good stuff...but with prejudices like that, who needs to open ones ears, or hearts, to good music, right ?

...cigars..?
hey! despite my outward appearance, i don't smoke anything at all....but the cubans are famous for creating some of the worlds best tobacco products: i know many a conservative republican who rue the ban everyday...and often work hard to find their way around it

i'd suggest, now that we have you two have decided to to defend us poor wayward sots from all the bad places in the world, that you need to do some real due diligence and actually research all the places in the world that are not safe...and report back!

...you need to spend more time finding all the places where-in someone might not want to get sick, drink the water, or eat the food you know nothing about...

or, at least, please tell me where that mythical place might be where i never have to worry about being mugged...or where the healthcare is picture perfect...

heck, i'd just like to know where i can drive around without losing my cel signal...

..somehow, i never thought i'd find myself even offhandedly defending, of all things, cuba...but i really dislike petty ignorance...
for anyone to think that lil' o'l cuba is the only wolf at the door is clearly someone who hasn't seen the forest or the trees
mr h atom

Postby chris » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:57 pm

wait...pretty naked women? well...why didn't someone say so...

i do, on occasion, enjoy a cigar. but not that often. my better half, you see, is a non-smoker. that...pretty much makes me a non-smoker too.

and cuban sandwiches can be delish.

however, i'd like to not slam a country i've never been, and i don't really know all that much about. personally i find this thread a lot more slamworthy than the country. all i know about cuba is what someone has decided to tell me about it. whether that someone was a tv documentary, local or national news or even on a forum. i mean, what if one of us were from there? what if one of us were there now? it's home...for someone. i prefer to side on keeping an open mind. you never know where a good time can be had. and a closed mind has already decided whether it will have a good or bad time. so...thats it...i'm goin'.

garcon'...i'll have the cubano sandwich, the cubano cigar...and would you please bring this note to that red-headed pretty woman over there. but on the word of G4B...i better have the bottled water. still please, not sparkling.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:56 am

CUBS ....CUBA ...do i sense a conspiracy ?
mr h atom

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC