What's Happened Here?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: What's Happened Here?

Postby flextint » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:17 pm

I must have missed something paper back writer....I always found that the ''stars''of the sight were mr h atom,Chris and Eddie v were like the stars of the site and kept the action going despite the ''quiet times''in maccas schedule.I for one read what they say and am often amused.The reason i don't post more is because I just don't get the free time as i used to.But its definetly not because of anyone on this site.And to make a statement calling out these guys without giving reasons is ,in my opinion ,irresponsible.
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:22 pm

sounds like PW has a pickle up his arse. the site is ruined for everyone? wow. it must be exhausting being the spokeperson for an entire generation. who do you think you are? kurt kobain? or are you john lennon?

and i'd be willing to suggest that most of us don't think this is site ruined at all. we wouldn't come here if it were. if you want things to be like they used to be, go rent season three of happy days.

your suggestion that participants are dwindling is off base as well. considering paul is between albums, there are quite a few new posters who have been welcomed wholeheartedly. and know what? they keep coming back. come on, you can try harder than that.

this is a fun-site. we like it here. we write about paul and the beatles. and occasionally we even have a laugh. but, perhaps, as you pointed out, it isn't for the humorless. as the people on this thread have spoken. seems you don't speak for anyone but yourself.

these posts are for the regulars here. we like each other. we make each other giggle in our own way. you don't have to like it. i know of no one that is looking for your approval. you find things vulgar? i find this thread vulgar. and posting such a negative thread and refusing to comment is sort of cowardly, isn't it? this is a forum. you make a comment. we comment on your comment. thats how it works.

remember jss (or was it jjs)? some troll who spent much time and energy trying to say paul sucked. i do. we fought him off for months defending paul. all of us. was PW here fighting the good fight? no. but we were. we did it.

and to those regulars here...please do not change a thing. do not let some used-to-be guest change the way you think and post. if someone gets out of line, i'd like to think most of us would jump to the defense of the offended and take care of things. a lot like the manner many of you have responded to this very thread. thanks guys, you have made me proud today.

one last word...mr h, (and mhsno, and so many others that have the nerve to try and have fun at a...fun-site, of all places) i like what you have to say. you make me laugh and you make me think. i would be so disappointed if you guys were to change a thing. this is a family here. our little family.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:36 am

Nicely said, Chris. For a sewer rat, you speak good english.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:51 am

we sewer rats are a nefarious bunch, eh ?

but...i like to think of it as us rats being rather famous, after all...we had 'ratatouille', 'the secret if n.i.m.h.' and, of course (if you're not careful)...'willard' just to name a few

yep...we sewer rats can take care of ourselves

i, personally, don't feel the need to change a thing...i might see my way to rethinking a post, before i shoot it off: what the illustrious PW does not know, could not know, is how often i LOAD up the zingers...only to think twice and edit myself...just in case i get a little too over-the-top

but i am seriously interested in the idea that i may have, inadvertantly, made someone casually uncomfortable...like a good rat, i'm adaptable: to paraphrazse that liverpuddlian again... i used to be ANGRY...but i ain't bein' angry no more
i can still be me and be cognisant of the fact that there are those whose minds are not as healthy as thier bodies

good thoughts by all..except..well...y'know :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:25 am

I don´t understand all of this. Yes there was a time when Macca-central was great. It can be great again I´m sure!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:46 am

Yes, I'm skipping over the general remarks towards certain members. Paperbackwriter in the past was a huge contributor to these forums. Years ago there was quite a buzz going all the time on these forums. Many things have changed in all our lives that make us go and do other things for a while. Some come back and wish to have things as they were. We miss a lot of the great people who use to come here.

We are here now and it's up to us to make or break what we do here. It's up the veteran posters to step up and embrace the new posters. It's up to the new posters and people who just lurk to feel more like they are welcome and are amongst friends here. Sometimes friends don't get along, sometimes. I like to think of all of you as my friends and hope that you would accept my hug or handshake if we met in person. Until then . . .
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby chris » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:03 am

Mike, I'd give you a hug, you silly guy, and I'd accept yours. I don't mean to call anybody out, but since I was called out by name...I want to defend myself and these forums. I don't think there is anything wrong with them. This IS a family. And I take exception to anyone coming here and saying it is broken or we are doing it wrong. I know you don't want to overmoderate. But if something really needed fixing, we all trust you to fix it.

I have apologized to Mike (privately) on my own, without suggestion that I do so, just because I thought it might be appropriate. We can and do watch out for each other and this place.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:50 pm

awwww...guys...!!! :YMHUG:

that'll have to do, since they won't let me in canada after that thing with the moose... :oops:

(...i don't want to talk about it to much....the thought of those antlers...and those big, bette davis eyes......) :wink:
mr h atom

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Luv this tapatalk app. The moose thing, that was you! They are offering $50,000 reward for tips to lead to the arrest of the sick %@%er that molested that poor moose. :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby mr h atom » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:43 pm

hey now !

did'ya ever think maybe the moose lied ?!?

besides...i couldn't help myself...all that fur....all that musk
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions