What's Happened Here?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

What's Happened Here?

Postby Paperback Writer » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:41 pm

Well, I will tell you - H Atom, Chris (and others) are ruining a once excellent McCartney Funsite.
In the name of McCartney/Wings fans they show ZERO class, humor or intellegence. If you don't respect yourself, McCartney, or his fans here - at least show some respect for the creator of the webpage, Mike.

I have not participated in a long time, but I do read up on Macca here, but it's currently a sewer because of you guys.
Notice how the number of participants are dwindling - in proportion to the number of dumb, vulgar and ANGRY posts you guys write? (My apologies to the remaining others that come here for fun and info - not to rant-scream-snide away.)

No need to call me out, I won't respond. If you have any reaction - make it in a positive way and clean up your act - or go away - VERY far away.
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Re: What's Happened Here?

Postby mr h atom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:50 am

well...

i've never been, as far as i can remember, scolded, PM'd, yelled at, talked to, looked upon scornfully or definatley not banned by the illustrious mike.

he and i have even had a few semi-serious disagreements, especially on politics and religion, but i've always been there to do my best to both follow and agree to his rules...

heck, i even scolded that long lost brutha from down unda, kylestyle, that this was, in fact, mikes house amd mikes rules rule...

sure, there may have been a time or two where he asked me, or others, in the middle of some dust up to calm it down a little, and i believe, within the confines of the disagreement at that time, we/i must've succeeded for the same reasons mentioned above.

from what i've seen, mike hasn't had any problem seeing to it that those who step over his line are usually let known...he ain't shy, for a canadien...

while my sensk-a humor may be a bit wild, it is just that...but, hey, i grew up with the braves before bobby cox (chief knockahoma!), the muppets, the pythons, SNL and dick nixon...whaddya expect ?

so, what about it mike..am i turning your place into a sewer...am i driving away all the wee ones...am i making life unsafe for mccartney fans: just let me know
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:15 am

Don t you worry mr h atom. Don t really undertandthis critizism. I can admit that I sometimes just as you writes things a bit well tounge in cheek or whatever but what s wrong with that so hear I go again. This is not rocker science or worldpolitics it s a funsite. Guess that the sinking level of particpants more has to do with people finding other things in their life but if and when Paul is back with a new proper album there will be more folks here again. Don t think I ever had coplaints from Mike or maybe sometime when politics was on the agenda. So mr h atom, Cris and others let s hold the macca flag up high hopefully as dear old Macca can hold up other thing now when he is newly married(whoops I did it again)
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby bravefan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:35 am

Mr H is one of my favorite posters. We don't agree on everything but what fun would it be if we did? He's knowledgeable and I enjoy his comments. I truly hope the OP won't keep him from continuing his posts. Peace.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:45 am

thanks, dudes, and thanks :YMHUG:

i'm hoping we'll hear from mike...i wonder if my sewer, trash talk has sent mi, cologne girl and others packing...

i'm wondering if he's been notified by any of them that they will not return until i clean up my act or go far, far away...

i'm wondering why, if that is so, he would calmly allow me to drag his site, a site that is much better, imho (suck-up!!), than the official one, into ruin...(that Mamma Rosa frozen pizza is on it's way.. :wink: )
mr h atom

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Plainly speaking, I have tried to moderate as little as possible for several reasons. When I over-moderate I get criticized to the point where people and their polarized believes just leave. When I pretty much let things take care of themselves, it has similar effects but not as dramatic. Why people don't post as much is a good question. I tend to blame it on more distractions from all the other media and things that keep us busy. Many websites have lost a tremendous amount of loyal people to a couple of huge players, mainly Facebook and Twitter.

I really don't get all the tv media and celebrities telling their viewers and fans to go to their facebook etc. page. Follow such and such on Twitter. Their IT people should explain to them in simple terms, doing so, you loose traffic to your own site and brand, permanently.

So that's my answer, macca-central and countless (millions) of other sites have lost a great deal of postings/visitors/traffic to FaceBook and their unimaginative cookie cutter template of their version of what that have coined social media. They want to collect every keystroke and come up with some way of turning your chat, your interaction with friends and family into $$$$. They already have, and that's why they are worth billions, but this is just the tip of the iceberg folks. At least what little advertising $$ comes my way, directly supports this site. Oh yeah, I must not forget the one person who donates every month, thank you so much!

Then there is the economy, still waiting for "change". I guess a lot more people are tired of change that hasn't come. People have less leisure time and they have to go out and do whatever to make ends meet. Sometimes I'm just so exhausted to open up a browser and just veg out in front of the tv. I feel so sorry for coming and recent college grads. Tons of student loans to pay, no jobs. Just heard a report today on NPR that student loan debt has surpassed credit card debt, wow. Times can only get better people, let's stick together and see it through.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby mr h atom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:47 pm

:? ...thanks, mike, for...um.. :-?? ..clearing (?) that up....i think

but...how do you really feel about the post, and, thus, accusations made by PW towards myself, chris and the mysterious others ?

are some of us too far out of line...are we bullying other (former)members into not posting...

does my frequent, fervent defense of mccartney the solo artist pissoff the beatle fans so much that i make this place too uncomfortable...(really ?)

have i or others really allowed ourselves to have too much fun, in this fallow period of no real new music, at others expense or feelings...and slid down some dark slope where humor has become too risque, over-the-top or personally objectionable...and are others complaining

have you felt the need to 'moderate', but held back, afraid i, or others might run fleeing: you laid down the law on the politics and religion pages, all those year ago, and most of us, with a little grumbling, abided and are still here...

you won't hurt my feelings, bud...i certainly can state with all honesty that i have rarely posted anything with the intent to harm or injure...and i'd just as soon know if something were amiss...

however, there are also alot of members who have always had very thin skins...and they can't seem to handle that someone might actually have a different opinion, and that that person might be more than willing to step up and say so..to defend it...but, as some guy from liverpool once said "what's wrong with that ?"

there isn't a single one of us that has not, in the recent past (especially mhsno and, i think, eddie) who haven't asked the same questioj PW asked..without, of course, blaming current, active members..and most of us have stocked it up to many of the reasons you listed and the lack of new music to talk about...

heck, even the concerts so prevelent have such few changes that there is little room to discuss much of anything without covering the exact same ground that we've already been over a billion times...

so here's your chance, mike...rick (how ya doing, oh quiet one ?), any of the moldy-oldies: how do you feel about this really?
Last edited by mr h atom on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Dear Paperback Writer, I am new to this forum although I read it religiously. To be cliche about things, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Sure there are things written about Macca that I don't like but this is the USA and we are all entitled to our opinions. If you don't like what is being said don't read it. Change the channel.

Or, voice your opinion as you already have and if Mike doesn't like something, I am sure he will let the person know that things are getting out of hand.

Okay. Before I start repeating myself, I will sign off and I enjoy reading all the replies even the ones I don't like and don't agree with.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:44 pm

I agree with Girl4beats. I don't really know what Paperback's problem is. I'm new to posting here, but I've been hanging round these hallowed halls for some time and Paperback's outburst seems unfounded to me. I personally look forward to seeing what Mr. H Atom and Chris have to say, even the irreverent things. In fact, given this current lull in McCartney activity ( if you can call a world tour a lull), I still look forward to seeing whatever people have to say. If I don't agree, then I'll say so, but that's why we all come here, isn't it? By the way, Mr. H, I'm a Beatles fan first but that doesn't diminish my great love for Paul's solo stuff one bit (or John's), so you need not worry about offending me.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:49 pm

thanks for the thoughts G-4 and Ee-ef...a little give and take, philosophically speaking never hurt anyone: ofen times, it makes for some interesting times...i actually love it when people both stick to thier guns and have an open mind; great give and take whiloe exploring all the possiblities...please, all newcomers...keep posting your thoughts...i am sure i and others will post ours, as well

when i first came on, i, shamefully, spoke derisively about both 'wild life' and 'red rose speedway'...a couple of great chaps, kyle and, especially, james got me to rethink and relisten...and now i count those two albums as underappreciated success'.

i would be hopeful that my everpresent championing of both 'mccartney 2 ' and 'press to play' have given some shelter from the storm of ire each predictably get for those who have adventurous musical souls.
many of the reviews for 'Mac2' seem to see a bit of a rethinking on the part of the greater world since its initial release as well...so, maybe there's hope

in the past, tho, around here, liking or loving mccartney music as much, if not more, than beatle music often got myself and others endlessly derided: that bit about this being the 'mccartney funsite' that good ol' PW quipped is one i've used quite often, actually.
Ee-ef: i definatively have zero problem with anyone who loves beatle music more than pauls...but, if one was to say, rag on paul as a solo artist, spend all your time gloating about beatlesBEATLESbeatles as if it's some great everlasting whammy weighing down poor pauls solo musical soul...then, i might just have something to say

but, again, so what, big deal - its back to G-4's heat & kitchen thing

i look forward to the give and take of ideas from each and everyone of you...who knows, i might even learn something
mr h atom

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions