Martin Scorsese's "George Harrison: Living in the Material W

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Martin Scorsese's "George Harrison: Living in the Materi

Postby greenovation » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:45 pm

glassonion wrote:Is it possible to know something about the content of the bonus CD from the deluxe edition?

http://theseconddisc.com/2011/10/05/det ... ecordings/

I was wondering about this myself, finally found 2 websites with the same track listing. I'd like to know when this is going to be released in the US?
greenovation

Postby chris » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:29 pm

just caught the entire doc. whew...it was emotional. i didn't think it would be. because...i sort of knew the ending. but it was.

scorsese didn't sugar coat the man. just showed, through interviews, who he was. he wasn't tortured like john. he lived life the way he thought it should be lived. and he lived it on his terms. we should all be so lucky. he surrounded himself with people he loved. and he did the things he loved doing. and his friends loved him so. some, ray cooper (the famed percussionist) still can barely talk about it.

look, we've all seen every picture, heard every story, and heard every song. but we haven't. we only think we did. there is lots of stuff here i've never seen. if you want to know george just a little bit more than you do now, see this. it doesn't try to make him seem like a superhero. you'll just see george. and i don't think he would have had it any other way.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Awesoman » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:25 pm

I enjoyed the documentary even though it was a little slow in some parts. I was kind of hoping it would explore his relationships with the other Beatles after the band had broken up. It seemed that George and Paul especially weren't very close with one another; I would have loved to have seen a little more insight to this. I wonder if the DVD/BluRay disc has more footage?
Awesoman

Postby mr h atom » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:31 am

spring !?!!! ~X(

someones a grinch !
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby james1985 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:59 pm

chris wrote:
look, we've all seen every picture, heard every story, and heard every song. but we haven't.

Stuff like the photos from the balcony in Australia was great to see
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to GEORGE