Too much touring?

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Too much touring?

Postby blmeanie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:19 pm

your disagreeing with my post allowed me to further reflect on my thought and revise it accordingly. I do enjoy lots of his recent releases but still feel there hasn't been "greatness" in a while.

Glove? Has anyone seen Glove?
blmeanie

Postby chris » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:16 pm

you shouldn't ever feel like you have to revise anything. just state your opinion and stand by it.

but i will ask you...given a choice between a and b (and death is not an option)...

a) paul makes an okay album with one or two great songs, a bunch of medoicre ones, and a few bad ones (filler)?

or

b) paul makes a very good album filled with a bunch of very good songs, and one or two mediocre ones (no filler)?

going to be honest, at this point in my life, and especially paul's, i'm going to go with the very good album every time. i would opine a very good album trumps a great song every time.

there are no wrong answers, by the way...(wait...let me see how you respond to this before i decide not to mock you) :wink:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby blmeanie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:40 pm

I would take A all day long, especially with his continuing to tour North America ; mock away
blmeanie

Postby chris » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:06 pm

after further consideration...even though i disagree, i will not mock you. fair enough?

and seriously, welcome to our cozy little place
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby blmeanie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:54 am

chris wrote:after further consideration...even though i disagree, i will not mock you. fair enough?

and seriously, welcome to our cozy little place

Thanks for the welcome.
blmeanie

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:03 am

Whatever motivates this guy is fine for me. Paint for a while, tour the world, vacation, attend kids functions, go over archived material, digitize it, make plans for many news releases, or fade into oblivion on some secluded island like a hermit. Yes The Beatles legacy will go on and on but we can all be very thankful that Paul & Ringo are out there doing what they always wanted to do in the first place, play music.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby mr h atom » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:17 am

but what, dear big C, if you end up with the reality that most of us know and dwell in...what if yoy have a plethora of recent great albums with quite a few excellent songs, a heck of a lot of great songs and pretty much zero filler..?

do we get to mock then ?!? :wink:

just 'cause all the beer swilling beatle-heads* can't/won't sing along to the new stuff, and radio is dead so none of the new stuff can sink in with the slobbering masses, does not make a case for the fact that there are some all time great songs and some of the best work of his career as an artist being done in the moment

*b.s.b.h.: y'know the type...you're at the concert, you're enjoying the band rip through the most excellent 'highway' or some other recent (or, for that matter, 'lost' mccartney') gem...and i'm-on-beer#2 (15 minutes into the show) starts yelping about 'play hey jude...whenzhe gonna play hey jude" as they hoist their cell.... :-D
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby flextint » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Just a note i had bought the officially Paul Mccartney program in which he states even after he finishes this band on the run tour he will be working on a ballet so, i don't think he has any rock albums coming out in the near future so, i f he enjoys touring let him tour away. :smile:
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:21 am

is that the rumored 'rupert and the frog lake' ballet ?

i kid because i pirouette
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Re: Too much touring? NO WAY!!!

Postby worschtee1919 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:21 am

At this point in his life he doesn't need to tour. He's obviously doing it because he LOVES it! It keeps him young, energetic and HAPPY...and if Paul's happy then we should be too! \:d/ CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM PERFORM AGAIN!!
worschtee1919

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours