The Beatles: 100 Greatest Songs

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Re: The Beatles: 100 Greatest Songs

Postby chris » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:42 pm

thats the thing about lists like this. no list is going to make everyone happy. no list may even make half of us happy. it is rolling stone's list. only really has to make them happy.

of all the songs i would consider being number one? hey jude. let it be. in my life. golden slumbers medley. and a day in the life. maybe thats it. i mean, the beatles were great and all. the best i'd say. but all their songs can't be the best. not if you know what best is, anywho...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Craigerb » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:50 pm

eggman1979 wrote:I want to hold your hand in second place???

Remember this is a list of GREATEST songs, which includes consideration of the era the song came out in & its influence on others. Using this criteria, "A Day in the Life" & "I want to hold your hand" should rank #1 & #2.
"And in the end/The love you take/Is equal to/The love you make."
Craigerb
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:28 pm

I agree that A Day in the Life deserves it's numero uno status, after all it features the genius of both John and Paul. Brilliant songwriting and singing coupled with unconventional and truely inspired musical ideas. It was Paul who came up with the orchestral part right? I'm pretty sure it had never been done before. Truely a product of genius.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to Paul as a Beatle