wouldn t this be a nice eh balladalbum

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: wouldn t this be a nice eh balladalbum

Postby mr h atom » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:08 pm

good one...that is a very good ballad
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:09 am

I am deeply ashamed O forgot to pit dear friend on my list.That really is one of my favourite Maccaballads. An absolutely perfect song with an absolutely perfect arrangement.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby bravefan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:56 am

Wow! The abuse I'm taking for asking one question about a song. I admit I have't listened to Run Devil Run in a long time. When I don't know or have a sudden case of amnesia I usually ask. While probably old enough to have sired some of you, the age deserves respect factor doesn't seem to apply. Having been around long enough to have caught the Beatles in 63 or 64? (that memory again), and the WOA tour, I've listened to more recent material the last couple of years. Again I thank my more learned Macca experts on showing me the way.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:19 am

To bravefan
I guess there are people here who, if awoken in the middle of the night, could tell the titles of all Macca songs. I can t so don t you worry about that. On the other hand No other baby is a great track from Run devil run -a great but for most people obscure Macca album. It s not a contest to take part here and I think some of the comments were more meant as a joke.
Must have been great to catch the Beatles 1963 or something - I didn t but on the other hand I witnessed the wings on their first europena tour 1972 I guess Or was it 1971.Nver mind
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:31 pm

b.f. - "abuse i'm taking.." : absolutely none meant at all, old chap !
can't even begin to envision how one could even take it as such

m.h. - '...some of the comments were meant as a joke' : um, joke(?)...not really...but they certainly had absolutely no import of the severity of which bravefan regularly appears to take them.
i, for one, am much more of a sophmoric tease..a collegiate (but fun-loving) snarkiness meant to prod a friend, loved one: i may not ever fart in public, but i will very definately make sure everyone knows you did !

one needs a happy zeal for life, a rich sense of humor, a bit of tongue in cheek...a bit of the old razzle dazzle...

unfortunately, with friend b.f., the lighthearted comeback has, at least seemingly, zero resonance at all at almost every turn : one hopes he's not this much fun down to the pub

i'm half-way tempted to start calling him eeyore...but i'm afraid, with his rather advanced age, he might have a coronary !

next thing i know, he'll be swatting me with his cane !

my momma always told me to treat the elderly with care and respect...now that i know dear ol' b.f. is dancin' with Al Ziemer & His Motley Crew, i'll attempt to be more careful...but, as usual, i don't promise a thing :-D

y'know, life's too short to have sorrows..you might be here today, gone tomorrow...someone wise once said that, i forget who... :wink:
mr h atom

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:08 pm

No harm intended Brave guy, we're all macca fans here. Paulie himself probably doesn't remember half the songs he's written either.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:09 pm

you know, oh brave one, we were just having a laugh. there was certainly no harm, perceived or real, intended. you may not have noticed, but one can only say what his favorite album, song, beatle, or even haircut is so many times without going a bit stir crazy. it is the answers that are written with just a little humor, a little sillyness that seem to stand out from all the others. even when the humor falls flat the answers are memorable because someone tried to make the tedious...a little less so.

so, i would suggest you don't play with efghijiloveyou or mr h any more. you will rarely, if ever get your ball back. and that is almost never chocolate in the middle of the tootsie pop they seem to have so many of. :wink:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:27 am

And bravefan - concerning mr h atoms jokes about age. Consider that the hero of this site turns seventy next year.Macca is not exactley a young boy anymore. Have never seen mr h atom talking about macca daning with alzheimers. Actually age is not that important exept that people who are a bit older are som much wiser, experiensed and more clever than all the rest.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:01 pm

dear monsh...i don't dance with al !

oh...crap..that's shomn...erm...uh...whoooeee !

eyev spelt thes 1 b4...erm...MHNSO !

gosh...i do feel better !!

i jus' wanna say...i cannot claim an icy grip upon wiser, clever, experienced or maintain that i am funny other than looking...but, i do try

and, for the record...'stir crazy' is a pretty good flick :wink: , i'd go see it any time !
mr h atom

Postby efghijiloveyou » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 pm

actually I'm pretty amazed you saw the Beats live Brave guy, that's super-duper! I can't tell you how i envy you that. I've had to settle for seeing The Beatle.But that's good.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions