In which I turn MAF/Elec Arg into REVOLVER

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

In which I turn MAF/Elec Arg into REVOLVER

Postby jgkojak » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:14 am

Paul has been on a roll lately - in fact, I think its possible to favorably compare this recent period to Paul's peak in 1966 (or 1967, 1968, 1969)...

Let's take the 14 best tracks off of Memory Almost Full and Electric Arguments and see if we can come up with a modern-day REVOLVER...

Here goes...

No....REVOLVER TRACK = 2007-2009 Macca Track
01 Taxman = Highway
02 Eleanor Rigby = Mr. Bellamy
OK... no way Bellamy is in the same league as Rigby... but then what is?
03 I'm Only Sleeping = Ever Present Past
04 Love You To = Lifelong Passion
05 Here There and Everywhere = You Tell Me
Again... what can ya do... HT and E is one of the best songs ever written...
06 Yellow Submarine = Dance Tonight
07 She Said She Said = Only Mama Knows
08 Good Day Sunshine = See Your Sunshine
09 And Your Bird Can Sing = Sing the Changes
10 For No One = The End of the End
11 Dr. Robert = Vintage Clothes
12 I Want To Tell You = Feet in the Clouds
13 Got To Get You Into My Life = Dance Til We're High
14 Tomorrow Never Knows = House of Wax

The full listing:
1 Highway
2 Mr Bellamy
3 Ever Present Past
4 Lifelong Passion
5 You Tell Me
6 Dance Tonight
7 Only Mama Knows
8 See Your Sunshine
9 Sing the Changes
10 The End of the End
11 Vintage Clothes
12 Feet in the Clouds
13 Dance Til We're High
14 House of Wax

:-BD
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Re: In which I turn MAF/Elec Arg into REVOLVER

Postby Awesoman » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 am

Interesting, but can't say that I could agree. I actually prefer most of the albums McCartney has put out in the last 15 years to the rest of his solo/Wings career, but none of it is quite up to par with the Revolver stuff. But I'm with you that McCartney has been on a roll of late.
Awesoman

Postby mhnso » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:06 am

I really enjoy Maccas recent work but nope - wouldn t put it on pair with Revolver. It s impossible to compete with that one this side of ABBEY ROAd, white album or Rubber soul
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:13 am

as a bona-fide 'mccartney-fan-before-i-really-knew-the-beatles' fan...i can only add...

and, i know this tells you everything you need to know about my mental health...

you're all wrong !

i wouldn't chop up the great albums to make a better album: they're near perfect the way they are

and i listen to, and enjoy, all mccartneys stuff, and in many cases more, than some of the beatle stuff

it's a great, big, beautiful world...why don't we all just enjoy every sandwich for what it is

can't we just all get along !! :-D
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:07 pm

i am going to concur with the great and powerful mr h. i listen to my mccartney cd's as they were intended. from beginning to end. warts and all. always.

i have never created my own disc. i could. i mean...i am capable...but i just don't.

and i still listen to paul's albums a lot more often than beatles albums. except, that is...when i purchased my rare beatles (mono) box set. which, if you hurry, can be purchased for only $24 if you call 1.800.egg.roll, right now...operators are standing buy. guaranteed not to virus your pc for nearly two and a half weeks. probably. if you call now, we will double the offer...

that sucked so bad, i feel shame. real shame. sorry to those of you who took the time to read that crap.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:22 pm

aw heck, chris...that was way better than my stenchy stuff...sometimes this humor thing works...sometimes it's like an out-of-work plumber: all crack and no cheek
mr h atom

Postby ProgRocker » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Sorry, even the best Paul solo stuff doesn't stack up to the worst Beatles stuff.

"If music be the food of love; play on." - William Shakespeare
ProgRocker

Postby chris » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:56 pm

ProgRocker wrote:Sorry, even the best Paul solo stuff doesn't stack up to the worst Beatles stuff.

really? i mean...really really? "maybe i'm amazed" isn't as good as "revolution #9"? "band on the run" isn't as good as "you know my name"? i would even suggest that MIA could be argued to be the best song paul ever wrote.

i'm not suggesting paul wasn't at his best when he was with the beatles. but to say his solo best isn't as good as the beatles worst is silly.

given a choice at the musical buffet, i's take "every night" over "flying" any day.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:11 am

I think there are plenty of Maccasongs that easily would have qualified for any Beatles album. Personally I don t see much point in a competiion between them. Beatles made the single perhaps most important work in all pop/rock,maybe with Dylan and Elvis .. Pauls solo/wings legay is an endlessy farscinating musical journe but will never reach the cultural importance of the Beatles. I am happy to have it all and listen to whatever I like whenever I like. Probably I spend more time listening to Mccas work than the Beatles . Also spend more tinme listening to Dylan and blues/soul,counry records than the Beatles. But when I listen to the Beatles I always marvel and think that this is the best popmusic ever made. But then I turn on a cd with the Kinks or the Byrds and think maybe not really.
Lets enjoy and be happy about all the great music out there
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:33 pm

i ought to point out, so that i don't seem completely daft...if our good friend jg had tried that comparison against, say, the white album or abbey road, i woulda snorted milk out my nose with derision...

of course there are many beatle albums that i love more than some of maccas ...it was just, for me, the album(s) vs album he chose.

there are also many macca albums i listen to far more often because i really want to when compared to some beatle albums...it really just depends on my feelings at that time.

in a world of to each his own...i'm just sayin'

..'course...also for the record (which'll really sink any hopes i have of convincing anyone that i'm actually sane)...i'd be really hard pressed to say that i like 'band on the run' as much, never mind more, as i very much do 'you know my name...' :-D
mr h atom

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions