Too much touring?

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Too much touring?

Postby EddieV » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:31 am

I my view he is playing too much live without releasing new music!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Too much touring?

Postby bravefan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:30 am

I agree in part. The touring is very hard on his voice. It has declined over the years and I'd rather have new music. That said Cincy may be in my future.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby klausab » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:55 am

For my liking it ist too much touring in the US. Continental Europe is missing Paul. But I would be content, if he released a live-BD of his US-Tours, so we could get VaM/Roch Show, 1985, Letting go and many others live, which we never had the opportunity of hearing live.
klausab

Postby ProgRocker » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:25 am

I'm just glad that I got to see him live, finally.

I agree, though, that he's got to slow down. He performed 3 hours straight last night, that can't be good for his voice. It's too much for even someone more than half his age to do!

"If music be the food of love; play on." - William Shakespeare
ProgRocker

Postby blmeanie » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:13 am

Seriously? Save his voice when he's 69? I applaud what he's doing. New albums would be fine but at this point in his life are we likely to see a new AMAZING song? I honestly don't think so, we likely would get some good songs but there hasn't been a truly amazing song in a long time IMO. Touring, which I believe he absolutely loves doing, is fine with me.
blmeanie

Postby chris » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:51 pm

mr meanie, i mostly agree with you. he should keep touring. he's great at it. he seems to love it. and as someone who just witnessed his live show, his audience loves it. however, i do think he's capable of making an amazing song. i even think the old man is capable of making great albums. as his last three or so are.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:22 pm

too much touring..no, sorry, ed, not at all.

it is obviously helping him keep a bright, well-centered and creative perspective with a sharp and a clear outlook on his art.

sure, it'd be nice to see some new stuff...but i'd much rather wait and get some really good stuff than take the chance on rushing it and getting anyhting less than the stellar work he's been doing for most of the last 30 years

as far as i'm concerned, almost every album has been pretty great to excellent for nearly that long, i believe he's found the groove that fits him and his muse the best...so let him have it his way

only a blue meanie would not notice the greatness of, at the very least, the last 3 albums

i would agree that he should hit other areas pf our great big blue with more frequency: north america is not the only place around, and it seems like he's here quite alot.
but, heck, he's been all over the place quite a nit, actually, give him time.
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby blmeanie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:18 pm

how about if I change my post to be:

"we likely would get some very good songs but there hasn't been a truly amazing song in a long time IMO. "

I don't think he needs time off from touring to write, I think he has shown balance in the past and agree there has been lots of very good music out of him recently.
blmeanie

Postby chris » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:51 pm

very...good, and nice...change, your blueness

look, you can form whatever opinion you want. i won't ever knock you for that. but if you post in a public forum, it may not be unreasonable that someone disagrees with you. and disagreeing is fine, isn't it?

by the way, welcome to the forum.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:36 pm

chris is, of course, quite correct and i second his thinking...

one hopes our mischieviesnesses* doth not blue sway you from your chosen path, oh meanie one :wink:

we joust because we luvs

*yeah...that's wrong...big deal, so what !
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours