Nowhere Boy

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Nowhere Boy

Postby WeinsteinCo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:04 pm

I'm here on behalf of The Weinstein Company and I know you guys have probably already heard about Nowhere Boy, but I wanted to direct you all to a great new clip that I'm sure you'll enjoy. The movie came out in New York and Los Angeles today but will open in more cities on October 15... Anyone planning on seeing it?
WeinsteinCo

Re: Nowhere Boy

Postby jgkojak » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:54 am

Hey Moron-

In Spite of All the Danger is written by George and Paul, and features George and Paul - NOT John on lead vocals.

Nice try.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tiger » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:36 pm

I just finished watching this film. I have to say despite some historical inaccuracies that would only annoy Lennon purists (like myself) I thought it was really well done. I had to remind myself that this movie if not a film history lesson, it's a dramaticised movie created to entertain.

I LOVED the acting done by Anne-Marie Duff. She was fantastic as Julia. Aaron Johnson played John well enough. I feel like he really nailed the birthday party scene in particular. Kristen Scott Thomas was perfect casting for Aunt Mimi.

Oh and jgkojak, McCartney and Harrison may have wrote it, but Lennon DID sing lead on "In Spite of all the Danger". Dig out your copy of Anthology 1 and give it a good listen. NICE TRY! :-BD

Anyway, I recommend this movie. Post YOUR review of it here.
Tiger

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:25 pm

A Very good movie I thought.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ProgRocker » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:13 am

I was very impressed with it.

Although the guy who played Paul annoyed me. And the clear inaccuracies annoyed me.

"If music be the food of love; play on." - William Shakespeare
ProgRocker

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:01 pm

I saw it a couple of times and though it was entertainment, you can't help but try to see if they got this and that right. I was surprised to see that on several occasions they actually show Paul teaching John chords and that Paul clearly was the better guitarist. Practice makes perfect and John certainly was a quick learner. As we all know George was even a better guitarist, glad they pointed that out. I remember some quote from the real Paul, regarding this movie and I agree with him that the actor playing Paul was kind of whimpish. Overall I did like this movie.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby bonovox66 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:10 pm

Just watched this and have to say I thought it was a very good film. The acting was top-notch and Aaron Johnson has now become one of those young actors I am going to pay attention to. He was amazing. If you nit-pick this movie you are going to hate it. Incredibly they got more right than wrong and I enjoyed it so much I didn't care about what they got wrong. The only possible complaint I have is that someone who knows nothing about the Beatles might get lost because there are several scenes where they assume you know the story behind it.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Loved it
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Return to JOHN