Report: Las Vegas - 2011 On The Run Tour

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Report: Las Vegas - 2011 On The Run Tour

Postby stuart7 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:32 am

He's played Let Me Roll It every tour. I'm just tired of it. I never liked the song anyway. Go into Hendrix from Helter Skelter instead. Dance Tonight is not the best song on MAF, and besides, that album is now four years old so I don't think he's obligated to play it. As far as Here Today, I see your point, but I thought Please Please Me got quite an emotional reaction, too, when he played it in 2005.
stuart7

Postby derekjdavis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:49 am

stuart7 wrote:He's played Let Me Roll It every tour. I'm just tired of it. I never liked the song anyway. Go into Hendrix from Helter Skelter instead. Dance Tonight is not the best song on MAF, and besides, that album is now four years old so I don't think he's obligated to play it. As far as Here Today, I see your point, but I thought Please Please Me got quite an emotional reaction, too, when he played it in 2005.

He's also played "Yesterday" almost every tour. He plays it every tour because it rocks. Now you've confused the converstation though. Do you want him to stop playing the song because he's played it so long, or because you don't like it? I think it's an awesome chance for him to play lead guitar. He plays bass on Helter Skelter so going into Hendrix wouldn't be possible. I agree Dance Tonight is not the best song on that album but I have a feeling that Paul likes the fact that it shows off he can 'play' a random instrument like the mandolin. I do admit that it is a great song though and it goes over very well in concert. I know he isn't obligated to play anything off of that album but in the Vegas show he only played TWO songs from the 2000s! For some reason he dropped Highway, which sucks because it rocks live.
Getting Better All The Time
derekjdavis

Postby EddieV » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:27 am

Too Many People/She Came In Through The Bathroom Window rocked!!

Getting Better rocked

Why not start playing these again

Play Ram On instead of Dance Tonight ( or ask Eddie Vedder to play a tune on the ukulele :-D )
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby derekjdavis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:28 am

EddieV wrote:Too Many People/She Came In Through The Bathroom Window rocked!!

Getting Better rocked

Why not start playing these again

Play Ram On instead of Dance Tonight ( or ask Eddie Vedder to play a tune on the ukulele :-D )

I agree. Although he may have removed Too Many People because his voice couldn't handle it too well. He waited too long to play it live in my opinion. That should have been on Wings Over America. My dream would to have him play "One Of These Days" and this is the perfect time with the McCartney II reissue and all.
Getting Better All The Time
derekjdavis

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours