The remasters - news, info & reviews

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: The remasters - news, info & reviews

Postby mr h atom » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:39 am

dang..that WOULD be eventful...love 'thrillington'
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby quad73 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:58 am

Concord Records/Hear Music is to reissue "McCartney" (1970),
and "McCartney II"(1980) on June 7
in CD/DVD, CD Special Edition, and 2LP versions.
quad73

Postby quad73 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:32 am

http://www.examiner.com/beatles-in-national/exclusive-the-inside-story-on-what-s-coming-the-paul-mccartney-reissues

The word is that "Ram" will be next. "Ram," released in 1971, was the followup album to "McCartney." It yielded the single "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey," which became an AM favorite and topped the charts.

There's no specific release date on the new "Ram" reissue, but it's likely we'll see it out by the end of 2011.

After that, the source said, there will be more Wings reissues, though there's no specific albums or release dates known yet.
The previous reports of "Chaos & Creation in the Backyard," "Driving Rain" "Press to Play," etc., being reissued were not correct. Reissues of these albums is not imminent.
quad73

Postby mr h atom » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:22 am

well, of course...what else could possibly follow his second best album (mccartney II) but with his 1st, bestest album ever..??!?

my question is...why did he ever lead off with the dud BOTR ?

:-D
mr h atom

Postby Awesoman » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:56 pm

quad73 wrote:http://www.examiner.com/beatles-in-national/exclusive-the-inside-story-on-what-s-coming-the-paul-mccartney-reissues

The word is that "Ram" will be next. "Ram," released in 1971, was the followup album to "McCartney." It yielded the single "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey," which became an AM favorite and topped the charts.

There's no specific release date on the new "Ram" reissue, but it's likely we'll see it out by the end of 2011.

After that, the source said, there will be more Wings reissues, though there's no specific albums or release dates known yet.
The previous reports of "Chaos & Creation in the Backyard," "Driving Rain" "Press to Play," etc., being reissued were not correct. Reissues of these albums is not imminent.

Anyone by chance checking out his iTunes store lately (in the U.S. that is)? It's album listings for download have been, well, odd to say the least. It's an incomplete list of albums and oddly enough, Press To Play is listed as his newest release; having just been added on 3/28/11. And to confuse matters further, the album is listed as "Remastered". Um, what? :-??
Awesoman

Postby quad73 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:28 am

quad73

Postby mr h atom » Tue May 03, 2011 10:06 am

$60.52.... :oops: ...each !

that's $121.04 to get both, full sets.....!

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-ONE DOLLARS AND FOUR CENTS !!
or...about what it takes to fill up my van.... :?

i happen to have two $20 amazon gift cards, so, technichally...if i buy mac 2, it'll only cost ME a mere $20 smackeroodies

but, i'm afraid, at that price...poor ole mac 1 (much like botr, which i stll have not bought) would have to wait until there is a major price drop

and, unless there is some stunningly great stuff added to ram and any future releases...count me out as a collector for these sets, at least when it comes to buying the fully-loaded versions
mr h atom

Postby quad73 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:37 am

Well.... one doesn´t have to buy both at the same time. Since the next release wont be out until the end of the year
I myself plan to buy McCartney in June and then wait until September to buy Mccartney 2. Then the wait for whatever comes after those two won´t be so long. :-D
quad73

Postby mr h atom » Wed May 04, 2011 1:00 am

you're quite right, quad...which is probably why i mentioned the solo price first.

i (and, i believe it might be assumable, many others) have a limited amount of dineros laying about and even $60 works out to ten paperback booksbooks (or three hardbacks )...3-4 blurays (6 on sale)...5-12 dvd's...that's alot of entertainmnet for the same amount of moolah
i can also take my entire family out for a great steak dinner (Docs steak house on n. broadway: the garlic salad is to die for) TWICE for the price of just one of these hyper inflated repeats.

at four discs...that's $15 a disc ! (which is about $5-$6 more than i usually pay for cd's)...
not to mention as a longtime fan, i've already bought, 'mccartney' 4 times (cassette, lp, cheap cd, 'mccartney collection cd), and 'mcartney 2' 5 times (cassette, lp, bootleg complete lp, original cd, mccartney collection cd)...
and i still have my 'lost mccartney2' album...so, none of this stuff is new to me

please, go ahead...go straight out and buy it, either or both, i'm not here to dissuade anyone...in the end, i'll probably end up with them somewhere down the line....might even waste my gift cards and pay the extra $20 for '2' right away, who knows...

but...i will not be there day and date for these...as i would have been for a new album, just as i have been for the past 30 years...

this isn't fan conducive pricing, sorry i let 'em put out that inferior product, multimillionaire redressing a wrong (all those badly mastered cds we got suckered into buying: weren't cds supposed to be better in every way ?) this is pretty much nothing but greedy overpricing

i thought as much with BOTR and i feel the same now: i still haven't bought BOTR...and i'm not yet fully convinced that it's worth the dent in my wallet now.
mr h atom

Postby cd1500rpm » Thu May 05, 2011 12:30 pm

quad73 wrote:Well.... one doesn´t have to buy both at the same time. Since the next release wont be out until the end of the year
I myself plan to buy McCartney in June and then wait until September to buy Mccartney 2. Then the wait for whatever comes after those two won´t be so long. :-D

I'll probably have to by them at seperate times myself. It's hard to justify spening $120+ at one time. Maybe I should start saving now.
cd1500rpm

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions