Do you still have your VHS recorder and tapes

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Do you still have your VHS recorder and tapes

Postby EddieV » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:04 am

I have but I never use it. CanĀ“t really get rid off it if I want to watch VHS. But should throw it out and get some space?? There are lots of great videos on the tapes, but I never watch them
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Do you still have your VHS recorder and tapes

Postby bonovox66 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:57 am

You know I still have several VHS tapes that I do not know if I will ever be able to watch again. My VHS player broke about two years ago and I thought about getting one of the DVD/VHS combos, but I don't know if they even sell them anymore. I did get rid of most of my tapes when it broke, but I still have some stuff on VHS that has never been released on DVD and probably never will. I have a local TV interview with Paul from during the NEw World Tour as well as several press releases they aired on TV, along with several miscellaneous performances. I am glad he released his video collection because those tapes were taking up a lot of room. I am also waiting on U2 to release all of their back catalog on DVD so I can finally get rid of those tapes. But then there are some concert bootlegs I found at flea marlets and record shops I do not know if I will ever be able to find.

Maybe I'll get rid of rid of them one day, but I'm just not ready to let go. Besides in a couple years DVD & BluRay will be obsolete as well.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark Rink » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:19 pm

Yes I stil have it and I still watch some old great Macca tapes :ymparty:
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue May 03, 2011 10:39 am

they make these things called shelves, and they are a great asset when it comes to storing those bulky old vhs tapes: i know, i still have about 200-300 lying about...

that makes life a wee bit less expensive when i want to watch something Older) but it either hasn't been released on dvd/blu-ray or the price for the same is unreasonable.

vhs players can still be found, sometimes rather inexpensively. the combo units i have bought through the last decade have been among the cheapest electronic equipment i've ever bought.

right now, my 18 year is going on a massive 'dr. who' binge, and alot of that is due to my rather excessive vhs collection.

and i still tape shows that i'm gonna miss...though those pesky blank vhs tapes have become near non existant, i have a pkg from back-in-the-day, and so far so good

and, yes mark, pulling out some of those macca tapes, like 'put it there', are one of those reasons to keep 'em around until i win the lottery, and can transfer over to something more easily accesible.

get yourself a small tv, some out of the way, but comfortable place, hook up the vhs and have a safe haven for all those things old and worthwhile
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Return to Music - Other Artists