Do you still have your VHS recorder and tapes

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Do you still have your VHS recorder and tapes

Postby EddieV » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:04 am

I have but I never use it. CanĀ“t really get rid off it if I want to watch VHS. But should throw it out and get some space?? There are lots of great videos on the tapes, but I never watch them
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Do you still have your VHS recorder and tapes

Postby bonovox66 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:57 am

You know I still have several VHS tapes that I do not know if I will ever be able to watch again. My VHS player broke about two years ago and I thought about getting one of the DVD/VHS combos, but I don't know if they even sell them anymore. I did get rid of most of my tapes when it broke, but I still have some stuff on VHS that has never been released on DVD and probably never will. I have a local TV interview with Paul from during the NEw World Tour as well as several press releases they aired on TV, along with several miscellaneous performances. I am glad he released his video collection because those tapes were taking up a lot of room. I am also waiting on U2 to release all of their back catalog on DVD so I can finally get rid of those tapes. But then there are some concert bootlegs I found at flea marlets and record shops I do not know if I will ever be able to find.

Maybe I'll get rid of rid of them one day, but I'm just not ready to let go. Besides in a couple years DVD & BluRay will be obsolete as well.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark Rink » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:19 pm

Yes I stil have it and I still watch some old great Macca tapes :ymparty:
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue May 03, 2011 10:39 am

they make these things called shelves, and they are a great asset when it comes to storing those bulky old vhs tapes: i know, i still have about 200-300 lying about...

that makes life a wee bit less expensive when i want to watch something Older) but it either hasn't been released on dvd/blu-ray or the price for the same is unreasonable.

vhs players can still be found, sometimes rather inexpensively. the combo units i have bought through the last decade have been among the cheapest electronic equipment i've ever bought.

right now, my 18 year is going on a massive 'dr. who' binge, and alot of that is due to my rather excessive vhs collection.

and i still tape shows that i'm gonna miss...though those pesky blank vhs tapes have become near non existant, i have a pkg from back-in-the-day, and so far so good

and, yes mark, pulling out some of those macca tapes, like 'put it there', are one of those reasons to keep 'em around until i win the lottery, and can transfer over to something more easily accesible.

get yourself a small tv, some out of the way, but comfortable place, hook up the vhs and have a safe haven for all those things old and worthwhile
everybody bogey...dig that bogey beat...man, that bogey rhythm...smells so clean 'n sweet
everybody bogey...bogey onto the streets...without bogey music...life is incomplete
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Return to Music - Other Artists