Next `McCartney Archive` release ?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Next `McCartney Archive` release ?

Postby jgkojak » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:40 am

Surely these do not break even? It did not appear that BOTHR sold very well.

Are you joking?

BOTR re-issue surpassed all expectations-
Chart (2010) Position

U.S. Top Pop Catalog Albums 3
UK Albums Chart 17
U.S. Billboard 200 29
European Top 100 Albums 46

Hitting #29 on the U.S. Charts - it pretty much did as well as the Beatles remasters did.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby GNR » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Thanks. Did better than I thought. Still wonder if it broke even.

But it did far from as about as well as Beatles remaster

◦On Billboard's Comprehensive Albums chart, which lists the most popular album releases in the US, including current and catalogue titles, The Beatles set a new record for the most simultaneous titles by a single artist (18), including five of the top 10 and nine of the top 20.
◦On the Pop Catalog chart, The Beatles achieved another new Billboard chart first for the most simultaneous titles in the top 50 (16), a record they previously set themselves with 12 titles in December 1995. The Beatles have nine of the chart's top 10 titles, and all 14 re-mastered CDs are in the top 20, led by 'Abbey Road' at number one and 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' at number two.
GNR
Supporter
Supporter

Postby gfgb123 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:02 am

Mike are you telling us that no-one at Hear Music/Concord wears a suit?
gfgb123

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:50 am

gfgb123 wrote:Mike are you telling us that no-one at Hear Music/Concord wears a suit?

No the suit comment is basically Paul's words. I was just agreeing. Paul left EMI for this reason.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby gfgb123 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:05 am

Macca's been known to wear a suit or two. Whatever floats his boat.
gfgb123

Postby cd1500rpm » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:41 pm

I'm hoping the McCartney II release info is wrong or just a rumor. I wanted to see the original release as a bonus, but that would require a 3rd CD because the Lost McCartney II album is 82 minutes long (CD1 - original album, CD2 - Lost album record one, CD3 - Lost album record two).

That would be kind of lame if they crammed it all onto 2 CDs because it would ruin the continuity. I'd be willing to pay the extra 5-10 bucks for a 3rd CD to prevent that.
cd1500rpm

Postby mr h atom » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:53 am

not just that, cd..the official, released album is a re-edit of the original: on the original double disc/album songs are at different speeds, feature different lyrics, or, in some cases, lyrics in different orders...on at least one track, no lyrics at all (added later to the re-edit)

a REAL complete , all encompassing, historically accurate release would, in the best case scenario, include the official single disc/album (remastered) AND the original full double (also remastered) with NO CUTS (to either) made.

as well as any 'lost' tracks and variations of existing tracks...anything else...will be at least a slight disappointment.

this album represents what may be his single most outrageously off the wall creative burst...whether one believes it succeded or not, he's never, song for song, note for note, sound for sound, album-wide, ever been this intensively inventive.

the fact that macca included it in the initial release schedule might suggest that he is not nearly as unfond of this album as some fans have suggested he may be.

it, and his most daring moment, deserves a near archival treatment.
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby Awesoman » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:50 am

linclink wrote:Rumors have come about that the more recent re-issue titles that were supposedly leaked out this week, will simply be only the standard albums coming out on the new label (no deluxe editions, no extra tracks, etc.)- but who knows.

Yeah, I can't really imagine that *all* of McCartney's re-releases are going to be deluxe versions. That being said, should the albums mentioned in MusicTap that are scheduled next for re-release have extra content, I'm not exactly sure what they would include. Well, except for the B-Sides of his singles. Run Devil Run had "Fabulous". Chaos & Creation... had some surprisingly strong bonus tracks; and quite a few of them. They were "Comfort of Love", "Growing Up Falling Down", "She Is So Beautiful", "Summer of 59", "This Loving Game", and the weak link of the bunch, "I Want You To Fly". Not sure if there were any bonus tracks for Driving Rain; other than some remixes of "From A Lover To A Friend".
Awesoman

Postby RobW » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:34 pm

As much as I'd love to see the complete "Lost McCartney Album" cleaned up and presented the way it was meant to be heard, I don't see it happening. After all, When "One Hand Clapping" was included as a bonus feature, they chopped out a complete song ("Suicide"). I really think that we'll need to hang on to our inferior quality bootlegs for now.

As far as bonus tracks on "Run Devil Run," "Driving Rain," and "Chaos," any McCartney completist would already have searched out all of the b-sides and therefore have them in their collection. I'd love to see some outtakes from the sessions, such as a tune called "Modern Dance," which we heard bits of during the pre-show of Paul's '05 "US" tour.

There are still a great deal of officially released documentaries that would make excellent dvd bonus material. Such as "Moving On," "The McCartney Special" and the "Put It There" video. As of now, these releases can only be found on VHS.
RobW

Postby swilson8877 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:36 pm

no i just found out through maccablogg the definitive macca site that mccartney and mccartney 2 will be released next and this comes straight from concourd music and what they say is both will be released in similar formats as band on the run the standard edition will be the original song tracks and a second bonus disc with outtakes and extra interveiws and the 3rd version will be a book format 100 pages with an extra dvd .but nothing on what is included in the dvd so hope this rests all macca fans and it is due out in march i believe how cool.
swilson8877

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions