The ballad of Paul & Yoko

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby heyjude65 » Mon May 20, 2002 1:00 am

Liam, you are correct about Paul wanting the credits changed. The way I heard the story was that Paul was at some piano bar or something like that and at the piano was sheet music for the song Hey Jude. The artist's name listed off to the side read John Lennon (only) and Paul's name was left off due to lack of room on the page. It got him that John was given full credit for his song. This (probably among other things) prompted him to go to Yoko (I would assume she has equal say/control over these things now since John is gone). He requested that she agree (for his songs only) that the credits be reversed to read McCartney/Lennon. She refused. So this I would say added another log to the fire for their ongoing feud.
heyjude65

Postby heyjude65 » Mon May 20, 2002 1:03 am

By the way, you can add my vote to the Yoko is a Jackass list.
heyjude65

Postby stellastar » Mon May 20, 2002 10:03 am

she's not a jackass, she is just the only person who had enough love and power to "take" john away from paul. before that, they were the most important people to each other, but love changes people, and john found yoko, then paul found linda, and they were different people, different me, different women... it is natural, really, they grew up.

as to the rift now, i think it is more about money, ego, credits and pride. understandable, but kinda a lod of bullshit.

yoko feels protective of john's legacy, which is understandable. paul wants credit for a song he clearly wrote. also understandable. but if you go in and start changing credits, that's a major can of worms...

live is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends...
stellastar

Postby stellastar » Mon May 20, 2002 10:05 am

obviously, i meant:
life is very short and there's no time for fussin or fighting my friend.

life is very short and there's no time for typos
stellastar

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon May 20, 2002 7:59 pm

the majority of beatles fans do not like yoko, and that will probably never change. Even though linda was not well recieved at first, everyone grew to love her. God rest her soul

"wow, a whole twentey five cents" julian lennon
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dakota » Mon May 20, 2002 11:51 pm

Yokos true colors were reconfirmed on the Howard Stern show a few weeks ago.

Howard was interviewing Sean Lennon via telephone. Howard was posing the same negative questions and thoughts to Sean about Yoko that Yoko has been stonewalling for years.

Sean naturally dance around the truth and painted a rosy picture that his mum is so cool about everything and that she doesn't dislike Howard for his questioning of Yoko integraty/good intentions and so on.

And for a day I bought it until I heard a friend of Seans(his name is Hunter)the guy who was the middle man for Howard and Sean hooking up on the phone come back on the Stern show the next day and rant about how Yoko had phoned Hunter and blasted him for putting Sean on the phone.

You tell me what you think is really going on up there on the top floor of the Dakota?......Is Yoko "laid back" or is she what we've assumed she mostly is all along???
dakota

Postby Ram1 » Tue May 21, 2002 12:05 am

Julian's 25 cent royalty check...that's all I gotta say.
Ram1

Postby shinestar » Tue May 21, 2002 12:41 am

re negative press, I'll say it yet again - don't believe everything you read. People want a scapegoat and Yoko's it. Plain and simple. In the beginning a lot was said about her being Asian; at least that seems to have stopped.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Tue May 21, 2002 10:42 am

HeyJude---He requested that only YESTERDAY's credits be switched. He wasn't asking for "all of his songs". (According to a direct quote from him that appeared in Reader's Digest).
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Tue May 21, 2002 1:46 pm

I don't believe everything that I read, but I do believe direct quotes from people like julian and paul. I am just curious shinestar,
Do you think it was prudent for her to have a picture of john's bloody glasses on her album cover? No matter how she meant it, It came across very distastful. I am not trying to be sarcastic, but this is a paul forum and you will always get flak for your support of yoko.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle