Most dissapointed with Paul

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Most dissapointed with Paul

Postby eggman1979 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:05 am

Dissapointed? I guess I feel a liitle deception about the set lists. There are songs that he shouldn't quit like Sgt. Pepper's lonely hearts club band (1989/1990 style), Maybe I'm amazed and Golden slumbers/Carry that weight/The end. I also don't like when he doesn't play a song complete (like Rock show) or the acoustic versions he did of You never give me your money and Fixing a hole.

Most artists play many songs from their current albums and Paul just plays two or three. When Driving rain came out he just performed Lonely road, Driving rain and Your loving flame, the same with Chaos and creation when he just played Fine line and Jenny Wren, and then with Memory almost full and Electric arguments.

I'd love if he just perform a concert with the music he likes the most, doesn't matter if the songs are popular or not, the songs he enjoys the most. Maybe we could hear gems like Some people never know, One of these days, Wanderlust, Little lamb dragonfly or The lovers that never were.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby blmeanie » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:24 am

I think you are forgetting one personality attribute of Paul's when you suggest he do what he likes even if not the most popular - Paul LOVES to make others happy. He tries to Please Please everybody.
blmeanie

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:50 am

I do wish he'd get very selfish for a special tour. His favourite songs, not ones he thinks fans "have to hear". Like in the studio he'll put together what feels right at the time. He could go through each album and play songs that may not be popular but are his favs and we know there are tons of those, otherwise he would never have recorded them in first place.

Nice to think this would happen but I still think he would sell out shows.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby cd1500rpm » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:34 pm

The Dance Tonight music video comes to mind here. I think the 30 second iTunes commercial was much better than the official video that was released. The animation in the commercial was slick and the overall presentation was upbeat and fast paced. I would really like to see the full song of the iTunes version if one exists.
cd1500rpm

Postby chris » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:50 pm

I've been reading this thread for a while now. And I have to be honest, I am shocked by how many people are "disappointed" in Paul of late. Really? Isn't disappointed just a wee bit strong a word? I mean...his set lists may not be perfect for me, but I think they're good. Even a little bit surprising. And I may not love every song on every album, some I may not even like, but to say I am disappointed in him for that makes me wonder if I think the word means the same thing you guys think it means.

I can be disappointed in myself, or my kids, or even my wife...because I rely on them (and myself) to sustain a certain degree of morality and loyalty, maybe even honesty to continue my expected everyday value of life. Those are the things that matter to me most.

We are talking about a rock star here, peeps. Rock stars are supposed to lead a decadent lifestyle. Drugs, women, tales of destroyed hotel rooms. Rock stars aren't supposed to be perfect. And we shouldn't ask them to be. They are not our role models. I never really cared much for the album Pipes of Peace. I still don't. But I would never say I was disappointed in it. I save that word...that emotion...for the things in life I really count on.

I mean, if we are so disappointed in him at a Paul funsite...what must they think of him at a John site, or a Rolling stones site?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Brainwashed » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:48 pm

Also the fact that he doesn't attempt to change his set. I noticed on here when looking at past Paul setlists i've noticed Paul would perform the same exact set every single night of that tour. I mean if I was in Paul's band i'd go nuts if I had to play the same exact song every night.
Brainwashed
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:27 pm

I agree with everything you said but I'm not taking this too seriously at all as I just think the thread was started probably because there is so much positive, so much great things he has done, so much material. Disappointment, well, perhaps the subject line could have been re-worded differently.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby eggman1979 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:10 am

Mike wrote:I agree with everything you said but I'm not taking this too seriously at all as I just think the thread was started probably because there is so much positive, so much great things he has done, so much material. Disappointment, well, perhaps the subject line could have been re-worded differently.

It's a matter of semantics. Maybe we could say that there are some Paul's desitions which dissapont us but not the artist. The man's great, Paul's such a wonderful person (never met him but I'm sure of it) and as a performer and a composer...wow, my respects. For me he is one of the best musicians ever. The complains about the set list are cause we'd like some new things but we never say that they are bad. There are fans who has seen Paul 20 or more times and most of the songs are pretty much the same ones. If I had the chance to see Paul a hundred times with the exact same list...you bet I'd enjoy every single moment of it.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bonovox66 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:16 pm

Well said Chris. but now that you mention it I am a little disappointed Paulie has never thrown a chair out of a hotel window, or entered rehab :-D

And I do not think anyone would disagree with Mike's idea. I think we have all voiced our opinion on that before.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:07 pm

bonovox66 wrote:Well said Chris. but now that you mention it I am a little disappointed Paulie has never thrown a chair out of a hotel window, or entered rehab :-D

Very nicely played, Bono.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions