Is Paul McCartney Too Old to Perform?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby I am the Paulrus » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:26 am

I saw this on Fox News Chicago. This Neil Steinberg has never seen Paul McCartney in concert. So, who is he to say that Paul is too old to perform?! Email your comments to him: nsteinberg@suntimes.com

Updated: Tuesday, 14 Dec 2010, 9:58 PM CST
Published : Tuesday, 14 Dec 2010, 9:47 PM CST

FOX Chicago News

Paul McCartney performed last weekend on "Saturday Night Live" and there's been some chat about how he looked and sounded.

He's 68 years old... and we all know age does things to your body.

But after this show, some people are saying McCartney is too old to be doing this. We talked about it live with Neil Steinberg of the Sun-Times.

Watch this and then reply:
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/pa ... d-20101214
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Is Paul McCartney Too Old to Perform?

Postby james1985 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:55 am

Why would I email a journalist bitchy comments just because he said something vaguely negative about my favourite musician?
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:17 am

NO!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby eggman1979 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:42 am

i think this guy is too stupid to be a journalist. Does he REALY know who is talking about? This guy must check how the great Sir Paul McCartney plays stadiums full of fans. I can assure that every single concert of the Up and coming tour was a sold out. Miami, Phoenix, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Dublin, Glasgow, London, Toronto, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo...EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!!
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby I am the Paulrus » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:20 pm

If this SOB is going to complain about Paul performing at his age, then he'll be wining about Ringo, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Bob Dylan, and Robert Plant, etc. performing because of their ages. They are doing just fine, thank you, Mr.Steinberg!
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:32 pm

It was kind of interesting that the guy doing the interview had that "what is wrong with you? " look on his face the whole time. :lol:
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:52 pm

i think we all need to sit back and chill. this isn't the end of times. it is an opinion. and one that many...or at least some...here on this very site has even agreed with. a guy didn't care for the way paul sounded. so what? i don't know if i thought it was that great either.

to those who don't want to read opinions that differ from their own...stop reading opinions.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby flextint » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:46 am

I saw macca in august and he was great!I thought he sounded better now than when i saw him younger in 1992.So this is opinion is just that and personally means nothing to me.I don't think he is too old at all...not now anyway...almost three hour shows at any age is hard to pull off and he still does it as good as the best of acts.The demise of maccas live shows has been greatly exageratted!!!
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby gjh » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:03 am

ya know i think of a guy who has a classic car in his garage
its old but it still looks and sounds great..it may cough and sputter once in awhile but its to be expected
he never gets tired of hearing or looking at it..he knows its one of a kind
its been immortalized as it changed the way future cars were built and everything changed after it came along
its a gift that it still runs and there will never be another
long live ALL the classic cars
may we forever hear there rumble!!!
gjh

Postby eggman1979 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:29 pm

flextint wrote:I saw macca in august and he was great!I thought he sounded better now than when i saw him younger in 1992.So this is opinion is just that and personally means nothing to me.I don't think he is too old at all...not now anyway...almost three hour shows at any age is hard to pull off and he still does it as good as the best of acts.The demise of maccas live shows has been greatly exageratted!!!

That's another fact. Paul's shows last almost three hours and he's been doing it, if I'm not wrong, since the 1989/1990 World tour. Younger musicians and groups perform for just one hour and a half (like Coldplay or Keane), I've heard U2 performs 2 hours.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions