McCartney Apollo Show- Replays & Free Trial Membership To XM

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

McCartney Apollo Show- Replays & Free Trial Membership To XM

Postby linclink » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:23 am

****YOU CAN GET A FREE 30 DAY TRIAL MEMBERSHIP TO SIRIUS XM!!****
*****THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO LISTEN TO THIS SHOW!!****
*****Just go to the website & cancel before 30 days are up & there is no charge*****
That's what I did, as soon as I got home from work.
And here's the rest of the replay schedule, & some tips for various channels to tune in on...
Here's the re-broadcast schedule...
Sat. Dec. 18 @ 8:00 p.m. EST
Sun. Dec. 19 @ 8:00 p.m. EST
Sun Dec. 26 @ 11:59 p.m. EST
I was told it should be on CH. 33- Band On The Run radio, but that didn't work for me...so they gave these alternative station numbers- 812, 7, 25, 14, 30, 101...I'm used #7 (missed the first half getting home late from work) for the live broadcast & #812 for the replay. Once you've signed up if you have any trouble, you can call them at 1-888-539-SIRIUS (7474).

And here's the set list...
* Magical Mystery Tour
* Jet
* Drive My Car
* All My Loving
* One After 909
* Let Me Roll It/Foxey Lady
* The Long and Winding Road
* Nineteen and Eighty Five
* Maybe I'm Amazed (with piano flub and false start)
* Blackbird
* I'm Looking Through You
* And I Love Her
* Petrushka
* Dance Tonight
* Eleanor Rigby
* Hitchhike (technical problems caused the band to stop)
* Band on the Run
* Ob-la-di Ob-la-da
* Back in the USSR
* A Day in the Life/Give Peace a Chance
* Let It Be
* Hey Jude
* Wonderful Christmastime
* I Saw Her Standing There
* Get Back
* Yesterday (with a little bit of "Scrambled Eggs," as on the Jimmy Fallon Show)
* Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/The End
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Re: McCartney Apollo Show- Replays & Free Trial Membership To XM

Postby linclink » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:26 am

Also- just an honest FYI, while there were some great set list surprises, and he did sound great on lots of songs, this was both a shorter set list tonight, by about 25%, and a IMHO, a truly lesser, "off" gig for him, to say the least. I think he was ill...here's my post from another thread here about it...

My bet is that he had a cold this week. His speaking voice sounded very hoarse on Jimmy Fallon. I did think the mix was terrible on SNL, but I didn't think he was very good on Jimmy Fallon & tonight's show was as ragged & off as I can ever remember hearing, especially for such extended periods. He did some songs great, but honestly, they tended to be the exceptions.
I saw him twice in 2010- coming off a long rest, the first night in Toronto, was beyond incredible- literally, he was spot on impeccable. The last night of the tour in Pittsburgh, following a particularly hectic end of the tour schedule, I was shocked at how great his voice was- not up to Toronto standards (110%!), but certainly 90+%.
Tonight I'd barely give him 75%, if that. It was truly an off gig for him, big time, and having him shorten what is usually a 36 song set, by almost 10 songs, tells me something is up. He just played long sets in South America, and only festival's with requirements for length, & other bands to get on, have seen him shorten his sets over the last few tours. Unless we see shorter sets for the two holiday shows in the U.K., you can bet the guy was under the weather.
On the plus side- he played "One After 909", covered "Hitch Hike" by Marvin Gaye, brought on a Harlem Choir for "Wonderful Christmastime" and dusted off "Maybe I'm Amazed" for the first time in ages, and "I Saw Her Standing There" for the first time this year. As I said there were songs where he sounded great, and spots in the shakey numbers where things were good, but if this were the only Macca show I'd heard this tour, I probably wouldn't go to see him in 2011 (especially since Paul Simon is touring solo this Summer & I'll be going to see him multiple times as it is- last time I saw him, was once on the '06 tour). Since I did see him, twice, in great form, on this tour, I would consider going again...but...with how expensive his shows are, and having seen him 3 great times total in '09 & '10, tonight made me remember that he's not always as "on" as I've been lucky enough to catch him...but...I've also never heard him quite this "off" ever, so I'm betting that illness was to blame & the shortened set bears that out.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Return to MACCA In-The-Media