LENNONYC 11.22 ON PBS

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

LENNONYC 11.22 ON PBS

Postby I am the Paulrus » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:36 pm

LENNONYC 11.22 ON PBS

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters ... n=LENNONYC

TV tune-in note from PBS:
"LENNONYC" -- American Masters’ intimate portrait of John Lennon, Yoko Ono and their extraordinary life and times in New York City -- airs in the USA on Monday, November 22 at 9pm (8 Central) on PBS. Watch a preview of the film http://go.pbs.org/35glB /
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Re: LENNONYC 11.22 ON PBS

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:09 pm

REALLY looking forward to this. ^:)^
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:13 pm

Other than an excuse to hype the remasters, I am not sure why they made this video. There was nothing new to the story, and ultimately, it was all about Yoko and John and their special relationship. Wouldn't it be nice to have a special on Lennon that is actually more about him than them?
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Harrythebannister » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:35 am

little lamb dragonfly wrote:Other than an excuse to hype the remasters, I am not sure why they made this video. There was nothing new to the story, and ultimately, it was all about Yoko and John and their special relationship. Wouldn't it be nice to have a special on Lennon that is actually more about him than them?

We may have to wait until Yoko pops her clogs I'm afraid...until then she will always have major input into anything on Lennon.
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram On 1965 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Yoko is using John as a cash cow. She has released and re-issue his material over and over since his death almost 30 years ago. Off the top of my head she has released compilations like The John Lennon Collection, Lennon Legend: The Very Best Of John Lennon, Instant Karma: All-Time Greatest Hits, Working Class Hero: The Definitive Collection and Power To The People: The Hits. These are strictly best-of's that have more or less the same material with occasional obvious omissions and one or two new tracks from prior Lennon albums.

This is at least the 3rd time John's catalog has been re-issued. Even the few bonus tracks she supplies are nothing real exciting. Yet somehow she keeps putting it out there. I loved John's music but Yoko has really done a disservice to his legacy. Once in a great while, something really rare will be released (the 'Lennon Anthology' box set or 'Acoustic') but in time this will all be re-issued in various compilations. Sad but true.

The NYC Lennon was basically another version of The US vs John Lennon. So just look forward to more films of stuff we've seen, read or known for years. Looking forward to the 2 hour film of John making bread during the house-husband years or in time the re-issue of "Imagine: John Lennon" with 30 minutes of "never before seen footage". Oooh, can't wait for that one too.

We all shine on while the fatted cow gets richer.......BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOKO BOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ram On 1965

Postby EddieV » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:13 am

Well I would have done the same, Ram Om 1965!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Return to JOHN