Paul on Saturday Night Live!

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Paul on Saturday Night Live!

Postby Mike » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:36 am

flextint wrote:Lorne Michael should offer 3,000 dollars for the remaining beatles to come on the show and do three songs together.Would be good for a laugh.This time Paul and ringo do the songs and put the joke to rest.And of course,take the check.

That would be poor taste in my opinion. I would get it but there would be those insulted cuz, well, John and George are dead, no reunion talk whatsoever. Now offering $3000 for a Wings reunion may have worked but again it would only have gone over if Linda was still with us. Nobody in their right mind would present that idea to Paul.

Now Paul should do a skit with surprise cameo with Ringo, offering $3000 for the original SNL cast to get together, what's fair is fair. Just think of the short bits that could be done, it would be hilarious. Lorne Michaels would love this, can't believe it hasn't been done yet.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby lobbybobby » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:55 am

Mike wrote:
flextint wrote:Lorne Michael should offer 3,000 dollars for the remaining beatles to come on the show and do three songs together.Would be good for a laugh.This time Paul and ringo do the songs and put the joke to rest.And of course,take the check.

That would be poor taste in my opinion. I would get it but there would be those insulted cuz, well, John and George are dead, no reunion talk whatsoever. Now offering $3000 for a Wings reunion may have worked but again it would only have gone over if Linda was still with us. Nobody in their right mind would present that idea to Paul.

Now Paul should do a skit with surprise cameo with Ringo, offering $3000 for the original SNL cast to get together, what's fair is fair. Just think of the short bits that could be done, it would be hilarious. Lorne Michaels would love this, can't believe it hasn't been done yet.

Don't you think this would be in bad taste as well with Belushi and Radner gone?
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:57 am

Yes, but they'd not h ave to be mentioned. Could be all about Michaels as was the original skit. Something targeting Michaels or perhaps to show how daft the idea is, SNL Reunion, a new show about what it would be like to reunite infamous teams, "Stan & Ollie", "Hitler & Stalin", "Clinton & Lewinski", "Kennedy & Monroe", "Nixon & Agnew", Bush & Cheney, too soon, then McCartney/Lennon, they look at each other, pause and say, na!
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Previous

Return to MACCA In-The-Media