Paul McCartney Argentina soundcheck

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Paul McCartney Argentina soundcheck

Postby eggman1979 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:12 am

Well, it seems that Paul's concerts in Argentina and Brazil are not a matter of interest in this site but somehow I understand it. Paul performs exactly the same show in every place he visits, the same set list, the same energy and quality, it's usual for now-a-days' fans to know that Paul played a terriffic show here and there and at the same time the currents news are the remastered version of Band on the run. I can get that.

Just think of this: Every place Paul performs is a spectacular and unforgetable thing for the people who asists to a show of him. This is a video I found of the soundcheck of the first Argentina concert at the legendary River Plate stadium in which he invites the fans to go up on stage with him. A once-ín-a-lifetime opportunity for a fan. This is the link for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD95UdkTzlU

Ate the same time, this reminds me of his recent visit to my country six months ago. You know, the nostalgia comes out of me. I just want to share this with all of you. I just bought the bootleg version of the Mexico`s second concert, the concert that was broadcasted live via internet on May 28th 2010 and is available on youtube. The audio is just fine, of course it includes all those songs we`ve all seen released in so many official albums but if you want to hear some tracks like Venus and Mars/Rock show, Lettin' go, 1985, Ob la di, Ob la da, And I love her, Shine a light in Mexico, etc just e-mail me to my current adress : eggman1979@hotmail.com and I'll send it via e-mail, track by track, to anyone who is interested on it, this is for free of course.

This is an example of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooZDYgscpWQ
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979

Re: Paul McCartney Argentina soundcheck

Postby EddieV » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:17 pm

I read that he dropped Venus & Mars at the second show in Argentina and replaced it with Magical Mystery Tour. MMT has never worked for me live!! Why Paul?
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Awesoman » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:06 pm

He apparently played "Bluebird" during his 11/11 show but oddly enough his website doesn't include it in the setlist. But there is Youtube video that proves otherwise:

Awesoman

Postby eggman1979 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:02 pm

EddieV wrote:I read that he dropped Venus & Mars at the second show in Argentina and replaced it with Magical Mystery Tour. MMT has never worked for me live!! Why Paul?

Well, I like Magical mistery tour live but I agree. Why change it? The opening with Venus and Mars/Rock show/Jet is just wonderfull. The only problem I see on it is that he doesn`t play Rock show complete. Why???
eggman1979

Postby Awesoman » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:09 pm

eggman1979 wrote:
EddieV wrote:I read that he dropped Venus & Mars at the second show in Argentina and replaced it with Magical Mystery Tour. MMT has never worked for me live!! Why Paul?

Well, I like Magical mistery tour live but I agree. Why change it? The opening with Venus and Mars/Rock show/Jet is just wonderfull. The only problem I see on it is that he doesn`t play Rock show complete. Why???

Well it is a hard song to sing.
Awesoman

Postby Paul_Fan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:11 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkpoVjtrV18

Better view of Bluebird. If the tone deaf guy wouldn't have messed up the chorus. Sorry...
These are the days of miracle and wonder....
Paul_Fan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:51 am

He played Hot As Sun at one of the soundchecks apparently...can anyone confirm/video?
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby pologallagher » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Well Im Peruvian and I managed to save money and be in the third row in the Argentinian concert of 11/11 (the same day as my birthday!! can you imagine that!!).
It is true that he played bluebird, also opened with MMT unless his previous concert where he opened with venus and mars. I really appreciate the fact that he changed a few songs in the setlist from both concerts so he wont have the exact same setlist for both concerts. They were soldout, 55,00 on each concert!!.

A very vibrant and emotional concert, people from all over southamerica went there, just an amazing experience, I met people from Chile, ecuador, venezuela, Bolivia, Peruvians etc....the city itself was breathing Beatles, Paul was really an event, on the tv, on the streets, radio,,etc. You could feel it in the air. A truly unforgettable experience.

Finally, try to talk with respect each one of his concerts my friend eggman. Each one of his concerts is an event in itself. Perhaps you didnt try to sound disrespectful or regarded the argentinean concerts as "another day in the office" for Paul, or maybe Im being way too sensitive about it, Im sorry. Perhaps most of the people here in this forum have been lucky enough to see Paul live more than once, but it was my first time, on my birthday! I had to travel to another country to make my dream come true and it was magical..totally worth it.
The impact and meaning of Paul in our lives is really deep. A whole continent was looking forward to see Paul live and those nights in River Pate Plate made the lifes of 110,000 human beings a lot better.
Best regards,

Paulo
pologallagher

Postby eggman1979 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:19 pm

pologallagher wrote:Well Im Peruvian and I managed to save money and be in the third row in the Argentinian concert of 11/11 (the same day as my birthday!! can you imagine that!!).
It is true that he played bluebird, also opened with MMT unless his previous concert where he opened with venus and mars. I really appreciate the fact that he changed a few songs in the setlist from both concerts so he wont have the exact same setlist for both concerts. They were soldout, 55,00 on each concert!!.

A very vibrant and emotional concert, people from all over southamerica went there, just an amazing experience, I met people from Chile, ecuador, venezuela, Bolivia, Peruvians etc....the city itself was breathing Beatles, Paul was really an event, on the tv, on the streets, radio,,etc. You could feel it in the air. A truly unforgettable experience.

Finally, try to talk with respect each one of his concerts my friend eggman. Each one of his concerts is an event in itself. Perhaps you didnt try to sound disrespectful or regarded the argentinean concerts as "another day in the office" for Paul, or maybe Im being way too sensitive about it, Im sorry. Perhaps most of the people here in this forum have been lucky enough to see Paul live more than once, but it was my first time, on my birthday! I had to travel to another country to make my dream come true and it was magical..totally worth it.
The impact and meaning of Paul in our lives is really deep. A whole continent was looking forward to see Paul live and those nights in River Pate Plate made the lifes of 110,000 human beings a lot better.
Best regards,

Paulo

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm really glad you get to asist to the concert which, in my oppinion, is one thing that a fan must experience at least once in his life, of course, if you have the chance. Just one thing: I think you didn't get my message up above, maybe for the language barrier but the intention of it was to get information about it, discuss about it. I just don't know which phrase or comment is the one you find as "disrespectful", read it one more time and you'll get it. Other wise I'll try to explain myself in spanish:

Lo que quise decir fue, con cierta ironía, que al parecer nadie en este sitio está interesado en los conciertos en Brasil y Argentina. ¿Por qué? Porque en los 8 años que tengo de visitar este sitio a diario siempre encuentro que cada vez que Paul da un concierto en cualquier parte del mundo que no sea Latinoamérica al instante sale la información detallada acerca del mismo, incluyendo fotos y la lista de canciones. Como la noticia del momento es la versión remasterizada de Band on the run, por un lado lo entiendo, pero creo que no es justo que no se le de el mismo seguimiento que a los demás conciertos.

También quise que entendieran que cada concierto es una experiencia única para cada fan que tiene la oportunidad de asistir y lo expuse al mostrar el video del soundcheck donde invita al los fans que compraron el VIP package a subir al escenario, algo que no realiza muy seguido. Espero que haya quedado claro mi comentario y, una vez más, te agradezco por compartir tu experiencia con nosotros. Saludos hasta Perú, he visto en internet que hay rumores de que quieren contratar a Paul para ir a tu país y en verdad deseo que se realice para todos los fans peruanos.

Gracias.
eggman1979

Postby pologallagher » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Thank you very much Eggman. I think I get it now.
And yes...I agree with you.

best regards y un fuerte abrazo.

Paulo
pologallagher

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours