Denny Laine and the Remasters

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Denny Laine and the Remasters

Postby derekjdavis » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:08 pm

So with all of this publicity does anybody think that Denny is being left out of all of it? I think it would be cool for Denny to join Paul on stage for a performance for some of the songs off of the album. He was on the album too!

Derek
Getting Better All The Time
derekjdavis

Re: Denny Laine and the Remasters

Postby chris » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:46 pm

you know, denny's contributions to wings have been debated before. i wouldn't mind seeing denny and paul on stage together for nostalgias sake...but thats it as far as i'm concerned. to me denny has nothing to do with the remasters for it is paul's music i am listening to. denny was just a player along for the ride, probably doing and playing as paul instructed him to. and i think...paul and denny have very little to do with one another any longer. i seem to recall an album project denny was working on not too long ago...and he asked paul to contribute...either a song or his bass playing...and paul respectfully declined.

if paul was to revisit any of his former musical partnerships in the studio or onstage again i would much rather it be with either ringo or elvis costello.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby derekjdavis » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:00 pm

chris wrote:you know, denny's contributions to wings have been debated before. i wouldn't mind seeing denny and paul on stage together for nostalgias sake...but thats it as far as i'm concerned. to me denny has nothing to do with the remasters for it is paul's music i am listening to. denny was just a player along for the ride, probably doing and playing as paul instructed him to. and i think...paul and denny have very little to do with one another any longer. i seem to recall an album project denny was working on not too long ago...and he asked paul to contribute...either a song or his bass playing...and paul respectfully declined.

if paul was to revisit any of his former musical partnerships in the studio or onstage again i would much rather it be with either ringo or elvis costello.

Well I find their discord odd because they played and toured together so much for almost ten years!
derekjdavis

Postby chris » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 pm

yeah, derek, you're right. they did play together for a while. but it has been, what?...30 years since they have played together? that is a lifetime, brother.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby derekjdavis » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:48 pm

chris wrote:yeah, derek, you're right. they did play together for a while. but it has been, what?...30 years since they have played together? that is a lifetime, brother.

Yeah but think of all the adventures they had together! Traveling all over Europe in vans with their families, touring the world performing Rock Shows, and recording an album on a boat! I'm just suprised that the connection broke so easily. I just think that not including him in this publicity is a little sad. It was a McCartney & WINGS album! He was a Wing.
derekjdavis

Postby jgkojak » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:41 am

I never understood the deal with this - it was a JOB for Denny. How many of us had jobs, maybe for years (like 10) where we worked in the trenches, even traveled, with people, developed some bonds, but then when the job ended - we moved on, and 30 years later, in our 60s, we aren't expected to reconnect - "hey, Bob, I remember you were a real whiz with charts, I have a PPT I'm doing as a volunteer for a charity, how about giving me a hand, get the old gang back together..."

Its kind of silly.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby derekjdavis » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:47 am

jgkojak wrote:I never understood the deal with this - it was a JOB for Denny. How many of us had jobs, maybe for years (like 10) where we worked in the trenches, even traveled, with people, developed some bonds, but then when the job ended - we moved on, and 30 years later, in our 60s, we aren't expected to reconnect - "hey, Bob, I remember you were a real whiz with charts, I have a PPT I'm doing as a volunteer for a charity, how about giving me a hand, get the old gang back together..."

Its kind of silly.

I'd consider recording several albums all over the world and having several #1 hits a little more than digging trenches. Holy crap dude if being in a band is just a job then why the hell do Paul and Ringo see each other anymore? Since it was just a job right? Them seeing each other or getting together again is just silly...Oh but that's not true because that was the Beatles right? Hmmmm, Wings-10 years, Beatles-10 years. Interesting....
derekjdavis

Postby chris » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:58 pm

Derek, I think you are projecting your own hopes upon the situation. If Paul wanted to see Denny, or involve him in any way with releasing the remasters, he would have. He's Paul frickin' McCartney...he can do what he wants. But he's not going to do it because you want him to...or because you think he should.

People grow up. Meet people. Occasionally even begin to care about others. But then go their own way. Sometimes never seeing that person again. It happens all the time. JG is right. We may glorify what they do, but its just a job. Even if it's a cool one. Paul has worked with hundreds of other musicians. Most of which would have probably liked to have kept touch with paul. If paul wanted to remain in contact, don't you think he would have?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby derekjdavis » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:30 pm

chris wrote:Derek, I think you are projecting your own hopes upon the situation. If Paul wanted to see Denny, or involve him in any way with releasing the remasters, he would have. He's Paul frickin' McCartney...he can do what he wants. But he's not going to do it because you want him to...or because you think he should.

People grow up. Meet people. Occasionally even begin to care about others. But then go their own way. Sometimes never seeing that person again. It happens all the time. JG is right. We may glorify what they do, but its just a job. Even if it's a cool one. Paul has worked with hundreds of other musicians. Most of which would have probably liked to have kept touch with paul. If paul wanted to remain in contact, don't you think he would have?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Holy crap I can't project my own opinions? I apologize! Jesus I wasn't criticizing Paul or anybody I was just throwing it out there to see the feedback about it. God I won't do that anymore.
derekjdavis

Postby chris » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:36 pm

boy-oh-boy you are a sensitive one, aren't you? listen, no one is asking you to stop saying what you think. you asked a question and i answered it. you thought paul should involve denny because they were in a band. i (and the honorable jg) didn't think so.

funny thing about these forums. you pose a question, occasionally someone comes along and answers. sometimes we agree. sometimes not. but no need to be so defensive. i can't find anywhere where you might have felt attacked. relax. this is a funsite.

and no one suggested you were criticizing paul. you aren't one of those read between the lines types, are you? seems to me you need to find your happy place.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours