George Live 1974

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Re: George Live 1974

Postby chris » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:27 pm

i think the apple jam on ATMP rocks. come on, man...it's derek and the dominoes for crap sakes.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mclarke825 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:06 pm

edrebber wrote:George should have just taken the financial loss of not finishing the album and the tour on time, and waited for his voice to recover. How could he do this to his fans?

I never listen to Shankar on The Concert for Bangladesh album. Why did he keep trying to cram Indian music down the fans throats?

Even the Apple Jam on All Things Must Pass is barely worth a listen one time. He makes people pay for music they don't really want just to listen to him.

I agree with Chris. The Apple Jam rocks.

And I, like a lot of people, actually enjoy Ravi Shankar, although he's not everyone's cup of tea. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

And I don't think it's "cramming it down their throats" any more than John's albums with Yoko, or Paul including Linda in Wings. It's what they wanted to do, and those who don't like it can skip those tracks.
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Postby Mark Rink » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:45 pm

%-( sorry if george could'nt please everyone , lets give him a little slack huh peeps :-??
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby edrebber » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 am

mclarke825 wrote:
edrebber wrote:George should have just taken the financial loss of not finishing the album and the tour on time, and waited for his voice to recover. How could he do this to his fans?

I never listen to Shankar on The Concert for Bangladesh album. Why did he keep trying to cram Indian music down the fans throats?

Even the Apple Jam on All Things Must Pass is barely worth a listen one time. He makes people pay for music they don't really want just to listen to him.

I agree with Chris. The Apple Jam rocks.

And I, like a lot of people, actually enjoy Ravi Shankar, although he's not everyone's cup of tea. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

And I don't think it's "cramming it down their throats" any more than John's albums with Yoko, or Paul including Linda in Wings. It's what they wanted to do, and those who don't like it can skip those tracks.

Yes, I can and do skip those tracks. I agree Lennon did the same thing with Yoko. I don't really mind Linda since she mostly did harmonies and keyboards and was trying to fit in with McCartney's style.

The main issue is George's voice for Dark Horse and the subsequent tour. It's inexcusable that he would record and tour with his voice in that condition. His voice still wasn't fully recovered for Extra Texture. He should have waited until 1976 and released a double album.
edrebber

Previous

Return to GEORGE