There was a time when...

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

There was a time when...

Postby Bluebird » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:33 am

I had incredibly lot of time and spend a lot of hours on this fantastic web-site! It IS great place to get in contact with any macca-friends all around the world. The last couple of years I haven´t spend a lot of time here, I guess it´s my first post this year. But great to see some familiar faces around the members :-) Being a member for more than 6 years there obviously will be some time where you see new things, discover new music etc. I have explored other kind of music like Dream theather, who plays technically great and other bands around, and it´s so great with Beatles and Macca that the music is so pure and simple that it can reach the most people and it´s music you always can fall back to when you´ve got tired of other types of music. The sound, the melodies and the music are placed right in the center of the music-circle, and that´s why it is able to reach so many people. Being a die-hard fan for me it has been dificult to deal with other kind music and in general with other interests. It´s sometimes easy to sit back and face your idol constantly instead of making your own career and try to create something yourself, through the years I think I´m able to look more on the Beatles and Macca career from above than being there myself. I´ve discovered many things in my own life during the last years, and got involved with a lot of music projects, playing guitar myself, and have played lot of concerts on great places. The time changes the whole time and i will always be a huge Beatles and Macca fan, i still have one of the greatest collections in Denmark I guess, but like the old days i´m not listening to the music everyday, or even every week. Even though my age is only 24 and I wasn´t even living during Wings, It still feels nostalgia even for me when I hear the oldies, and I realize more than ever that the songs have such a special timeless, ageless, musically thing that will keep on reaching something in most people. In our time and many years in the future I can´t see how a new band will could do the same and it´s not because the new bands not are technically or musically as good, but The Beatles had some unique moments in their songs which will last forever. Seen over the the time of music in general, 8 years are nothing and crazy how they could make so many GREAT songs on no time. I guess for many fans in here it says itself, but after having not been involved with the music in a long time, and experienced other bands instead, It gives you something special to listen to "all my loving" and "hello goodbye" again. Types of Music are like planets, feels like I´ve been on jupiter, and have returned to the earth, which is Beatles. The planet where most people can live and breathe, the most beautiful of all the planets, but if I hadn´t been travelling to other planet, the planet would be boring at last, so I think it´s always great to give new music a good chance, you can always return back again, and then it´s even better.
Anyway for new members i´m Bluebird and hope to get in more discussions here when i have the time to do it. Thanks for reading. :-)
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Re: There was a time when...

Postby chris » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:26 am

Nice post, Bluebird. It's good to see you and your thoughts here again. Keep posting.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:12 am

good to see you!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:19 am

Oh it´s good to see my log in and password still works on the best Macca forum on the net ;) A lot of things going on here, and I´ve just bought the "new" Paul album and Love it soooo much...So that´s why I found the way back to Macca-central to discuss a little bit again :) Hope you are doing fine everybody..
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby EddieV » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:56 am

Welcome home Bluebird!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter