attack alert from maccacentral

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

attack alert from maccacentral

Postby jgkojak » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:53 am

hey Mike-

On two different computers I got a virus notice logging in - AVAST and Kapersky.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Re: virus alert from maccacentral

Postby Mark Rink » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:05 pm

got them too whats up with that? Thought this would be safe ? ~X(
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:26 pm

i got that kapersky virus. kathleen kapersky was her name. she was sweet. and boy could she down those brewskies. afterward i itched for weeks. had to apply a balm to get rid of that...

wait...are we talking about the same virus? :oops:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:40 pm

It appears someone report this site to Google as having malware/virus on the homepage. As a result Google has flagged this site and warnings will popup if the browser has the blocked reported sites checked. The site has been scanned again and is clean. I am awaiting google to rescan the site for re-approval.
In the meantime, for those who use Firefox is to change the option to unblock.
Tools - Options - Security - UNCHECK block reported attack sites. I found this from another forum:
Code: Select all
Many members have reported problems with their AVG virus software alerting to a malware threat (JS/Redir) when navigating our forums. At this time, this appears to be an issue with some AVG programs (possibly the free versions) that may be alerting to certain coding within our ads. This has been reported on other websites as well, but we are still researching to make sure that our site remains safe and that there is no threat to your computer.

It appears that AVG will be pushing an update soon, so you should update your software once it is available. In the meantime, if you are still getting this popup, it would be helpful to us if you could take a screenshot of the page and try and include as many of the ad banners as possible. You can post the screenshot here or you can email it directly to me at xxx@xxx.

We share your frustration and hope that this issue is resolved as soon as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me directly for the quickest response.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:05 am

The virus alert is over it seems like. I could get in without any problems. I have missed being here. I hate when something like this happens. Thanks for sorting out the problems Mike
Last edited by EddieV on Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:59 am

Thanks for sorting that out Mikey
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter