Red'n'Blue remastered is released

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Red'n'Blue remastered is released

Postby tristanjblythe » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:43 pm

http://thebeatles.com/#/news/Red_and_Bl ... emastered/

In case you didn't know...

Lots of negative comments about this on The Beatles own website. I agree there are other projects I'd like to see (i.e. Let It Be DVD), but I was surprised they didn't do with the rest of the remasters. There will always be people who just want a 'Best of Beatles'. So why deprive them?

Although I do think it should be one double set (both red and blue can fit onto one CD each!)
tristanjblythe

Re: Red'n'Blue remastered is released

Postby chris » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:55 pm

No interest. Just spent a buttload on the Mono Remasters. I'll make my own best of compilation.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby cjm320 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Although there are other projects I would rather see released. I think these albums are an essential part of the beatles legacy for many fans (2nd generation mostly) and should be remastered and re released. I haven't seen the original cd releases in stores for a while, so I think they should be made available again. When the boxed sets came out last year, I remember some people asking" Where are the red and blue albums?" I'll be buying them for the collection!

How would people feel about reissues of all those capitol compilations of the 70s-80s. I would like to see that (after let it be of course). Those albums have always fascinated me as supplements to the original releases which I bought before picking up any of the compilations. The lp's \cassettes that I've collected have always been a fun listen.
cjm320

Postby jgkojak » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:39 am

I think the disappointment is:

1) If these are important parts of the Beatles "canon"- then they should have been released with the same mixes used on the original release, not necessarily the remasters.

2) or, if they insist on these being released, what a great opportunity to offer all the tracks as REMIXES (as with Yellow Sub Songtrack)-- remix these puppies with a modern stereo mix- doing that to the tracks on this release pretty much gives you 95% of what you really need out there from a radio airplay standpoint/generating new young fan interest.

3) Certainly, either make 62-66 a single CD or add 4-6 songs (missing hits: Twist and Shout, Do You Want To Know a Secret, She's a Woman, Got To Get You Into My Life -- I'd argue Taxman and If I Needed Someone belong as well.

4) Woulda been nice to go ahead and throw in FAAB and Real Love.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Return to The Beatles: Albums