Never ending tour?

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Never ending tour?

Postby flextint » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:31 pm

I think he will do rock albums into his seventys,with tecnology in the studio he can do many things to make his voice sound real good.Remember that bluesmen sing in there 80's take bb king as an example.However i do not think he will be touring much longer maybe an appearance on a tv show like the grammies etc.But i am sure we will get more rock albums....i really hope so.
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Awesoman » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:50 am

bonovox66 wrote:I don't think his next album will be his last. I think Paul will always be making music. Whether he does more classical work (still waiting on that classical guitar album), more Fireman type stuff, rock or whatever. I'd be willing to bet he'll be making music til the day he dies.

As for being tired of recording... maybe. Think how many albums he has released this past decade. Did the Stones or Dylan put out as many albums or with such quality?

Dylan released at least four albums this past decade; two of which (Love & Theft and Modern Times) received quite a bit of commercial and critical acclaim. And dare I say it, they were more well regarded than the albums McCartney put out. The Stones only released one album, A Bigger Bang, but it has been considered as one of their best albums in years.

Not trying to slight Paul here, just callin' a spade a spade.
Awesoman

Postby jgkojak » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:13 am

There is a lava lamp that he brings to ALL shows that used to belong to Linda (and that she kept at her keyboards)-- he has said its Linda's way of being there for the show.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby derekjdavis » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:31 am

jgkojak wrote:There is a lava lamp that he brings to ALL shows that used to belong to Linda (and that she kept at her keyboards)-- he has said its Linda's way of being there for the show.

ah! that's is heartwarming/heart breaking at the same time.
Getting Better All The Time
derekjdavis

Postby redrose » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:37 am

flextint wrote:I think he will do rock albums into his seventys,with tecnology in the studio he can do many things to make his voice sound real good.Remember that bluesmen sing in there 80's take bb king as an example.However i do not think he will be touring much longer maybe an appearance on a tv show like the grammies etc.But i am sure we will get more rock albums....i really hope so.

I don't think he'll every stop making music. What else would he do? It's in his blood, and his name is music! The tours must be an absolute killer, but he's a very fit bloke and has the energy of someone 20 years younger. I think performing is part of his make up now, it's what he's done since he was 15 years old.

You do see much older musicians still performing, but I would also hate to see Sir Paul become a parody of himself. But, the demand for his shows and tours are still huge, so maybe he'll just do a 'Tommy Cooper'.

redrose @};-
redrose
redrose

Postby luvsmacca » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:23 pm

I looked for the Lava lamps, and I never saw them?? where did you see them? Wix always keeps the "Linda" Lava lamps on his keyboard, generally. when will this show air again? :smile:
luvsmacca
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours