Soundchecks

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Soundchecks

Postby derekjdavis » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:38 pm

So can anybody ACTUALLY tell me how you can go to soundcheck instead of just "ben franklin"?!
Getting Better All The Time
derekjdavis

Re: Soundchecks

Postby vintage61lefty » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:27 pm

SF was great!

derekjdavis wrote:So can anybody ACTUALLY tell me how you can go to soundcheck instead of just "ben franklin"?!

great sarcastic comment :ymapplause: ....you PAY $$$$$$$$ for either >Hot Sound Package , or Front Row Package (not available at all venues)

this is the link..for MACCA VIP ..
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/promo/7uyt2f ... chslot_vip
vintage61lefty

Postby derekjdavis » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:01 pm

vintage61lefty wrote:SF was great!

derekjdavis wrote:So can anybody ACTUALLY tell me how you can go to soundcheck instead of just "ben franklin"?!

great sarcastic comment :ymapplause: ....you PAY $$$$$$$$ for either >Hot Sound Package , or Front Row Package (not available at all venues)

this is the link..for MACCA VIP ..
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/promo/7uyt2f ... chslot_vip

I know SF was awesome!!! i loved the technical errors! It made the show unique and I loved Paul's comments.
I think my favorite song of the night was 1985 or letting go. Paul's voice was super prime last night too. He hit everything. I was a little worried after watching some recent footage of his live stuff and his voice seemed pretty weak. However his voice last night was supreme.
Thank you for the answer!
derekjdavis

Postby lindaling » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:59 pm

I tried to buy a VIP pkg bt couldn't find any for sale on tickermaster or pm.com. Maybe they were all sold out. I went to the SF show and next week I'm going to Kanas City for the weekend just to see Paul perform. Is there a chance I might get in to the sound-check if I show up at the stadium at 3? Also, another question [ ok may sound like I'm a stalker but I'm actually very boring mother of 3 kids) I'd love to find out what hotel he is staying at so that I might accidentally bump into him! Any way to know?
lindaling

Postby derekjdavis » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:25 am

lindaling wrote:I tried to buy a VIP pkg bt couldn't find any for sale on tickermaster or pm.com. Maybe they were all sold out. I went to the SF show and next week I'm going to Kanas City for the weekend just to see Paul perform. Is there a chance I might get in to the sound-check if I show up at the stadium at 3? Also, another question [ ok may sound like I'm a stalker but I'm actually very boring mother of 3 kids) I'd love to find out what hotel he is staying at so that I might accidentally bump into him! Any way to know?

Lucky! I was at SF too and was considering going to kansas city too, but time didn't allow it :( sorry, to no answers on soundcheck or hotel. Good idea though!!
derekjdavis

Postby Ram On 1965 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:35 am

Derek are you on Facebook under the same name? If so, add me as a friend and we can chat about the SF show, OK?
Ram On 1965

Postby derekjdavis » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:49 am

Last edited by derekjdavis on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
derekjdavis

Postby bonovox66 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Not only do you have to have $$$, but at some venues you have to have a certain kind of card. When he was in Miami, I thought I was finally gonna go for broke and by one of those VIP packages. Only to find out that they had a deal with Amex card holders to get first dibs. By the time it was my turn (or my Visa cards turn) all the tickets had been sold out. Not complaining cause I still got great seats, but shouldn't these be opened to fans only and not just the super rich?

This is not a negative comment on Paul in anyway as it seems to be the norm of the music business. Look at Aerosmith with Vip packages over $2,000 easy... sheesh!

Even U2 (yes long time "we are fan friendly") jumped on this. Granted the money raised from these "Red Zone" tickets went to charity, but it was still a slap in the face to long time fans that love the fact they keep fan-club tickets low.

Also, ran across this interesting article about ticket prices from 2002.....

DOWNLOAD
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby derekjdavis » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:31 am

Ram On 1965 wrote:Derek are you on Facebook under the same name? If so, add me as a friend and we can chat about the SF show, OK?

I don't know you're email or how to add you!
derekjdavis

Postby vintage61lefty » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:22 pm

There are 5 Derek Davis on facebook... :roll:
vintage61lefty

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours