Too much negativity here

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby jjs » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Mike wrote:
jjs wrote:Actually, Lennon was angry because it was his own decision to quit, and Paul tried to make it look like it was his. I'm not sure what your point is?

Yep and you know this because?? Oh yeah you were there right. How about taking a break knocking down Paul every chance you get. You have been warned, I won't hesitate to just delete your posts.


I know it because I can look to my left and see a bookshelf with dozens of Beatle books and at least twice as many magazines and articles. John made the decision to end the band, and they collectively decided not to go public with it. Paul did not want the Beatles to end and when he realized it was over, he went ahead and made it look like it was his decision.

I don't understand:

a) how you don't know this already, and

b) how this is knocking Paul.

"Say what you will about the various arguments over guitar leads, drum breaks and girlfriends, but make no mistake, the facts are these: Paul went public and ignited the press firestorm that immediately erupted thereafter. He insisted on an immediate legal dissolution of the partnership, igniting almost a decade of vitriolic court battles.

It is important to note that all of John's statements regarding the breakup, such as the fact that he'd actually left first, were made after Paul's public announcement and the subsequent hard feelings it generated. The bitter statements against Paul by the other three that appear in the court affidavits leave no doubt whatsoever as to who "broke up the Beatles."

In the months that followed Lennon's private announcement, the Beatles gave interviews in which they all deliberately refrained from announcing the split. That February -- nearly five months after quitting the group -- Lennon told Rolling Stone that, "We still might make Beatles product. We just need more room. The Beatles are just too limited." That next month, both Starr and Harrison spoke to Britain's New Musical Express, with Starr stating that, "I've got things to do, George has things to do, and Paul has his solo album to come, and John has his peace thing. We can't do everything at once. Time will tell." Harrison added that, "Say we've got unity through diversity... We had to find ourselves individually, one day."

Later that year, Lennon spoke about Macca's announcement, telling Rolling Stone that "We were all hurt that he didn't tell us what he was going to do... A lot of people knew I left. I was a fool not to do what Paul did, which was use it to sell a record. I wasn't angry. He's a good PR man, I mean he's about the best in the word... he really knows how to do a job."

Paul McCartney said that the split from the group sent him into a huge depression for several months: "I was quite broken up by the end of the Beatles. I'd been trying to hold them together, but it was something that wasn't to be. So, you know, I went into a bit of a depression after that. And I'm normally quite optimistic, but, you know, I'd just lost the best job in the world, and anyone who's just even ever lost a job knows how that feels."


The other three felt betrayed because Paul unilaterally announced the split, and announced it as if it were his decision. They felt he did this to sell his record. You can read all about this in several Beatle books. I don't get it. Are you happier not knowing the truth? Am I going to have to be on the receiving end of your or someone else's hostility every time I make a correction, and that correction is something they don't want to hear?

I didn't knock someone. I corrected a misconception. Don't worry...the ensuing threats and insults don't surprise me.
JJS

Wip, wop, wim and wham... indeed!
jjs
Bronze member
Bronze member
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:39 pm

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby chris » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:53 pm

i believe it is exactly as jjs reported.

there is a new book (not that this is new), you never give me your money, that just hit the stores. it confirms everything jjs said.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
User avatar
chris
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:22 pm
Location: Chicago, U.S.A

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:23 am

I'm not disputing anything he said. That's all documented and so is Allen Klein and Paul did not want to have anything to do with that crook, as it turns out he was a crook. You neglect to mention that is the reason Paul finally gave up and had no choice but to sue the other three. Your really screwed if you think Paul just made the announcement to get one up on John, geez. But then again that is what you do.

I frankly don't care what you have to say as many have complained to me about you. It's my job to manage maniacs like you and up to now I've failed at do so. Perhaps at the start you had decent threads but you've gone ballistic and you have taken the enjoyment of these forums away from a lot of people. Face the reality man, your constant negative rants are so boring with one sided facts. Your correct and should not be so surprised, you knew exactly what you were doing, your negativity was very calculated but it's come to an end.

Please take your rants to say, the official forums, see how many days you last there.
Mike Kovacich
Image
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
User avatar
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby james1985 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:28 am

chris wrote:
there is a new book (not that this is new), you never give me your money, that just hit the stores.


and what a book! And very critical of JL re break-up
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
User avatar
james1985
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: The old UK

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby jjs » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:43 am

Mike wrote:I'm not disputing anything he said. That's all documented and so is Allen Klein and Paul did not want to have anything to do with that crook, as it turns out he was a crook. You neglect to mention that is the reason Paul finally gave up and had no choice but to sue the other three. Your really screwed if you think Paul just made the announcement to get one up on John, geez. But then again that is what you do.

I frankly don't care what you have to say as many have complained to me about you. It's my job to manage maniacs like you and up to now I've failed at do so. Perhaps at the start you had decent threads but you've gone ballistic and you have taken the enjoyment of these forums away from a lot of people. Face the reality man, your constant negative rants are so boring with one sided facts. Your correct and should not be so surprised, you knew exactly what you were doing, your negativity was very calculated but it's come to an end.

Please take your rants to say, the official forums, see how many days you last there.


If people would stop arguing with the truth, there would be no rants. Have you considered that?

If people did not respond with insulting words like "It's my job to manage maniacs like you" then things would not get insulting and personal. Have you considered that? Imagine. a moderator who should be neutral using words like that.

"Your [sic] really screwed if you think Paul just made the announcement to get one up on John" is disputing what I said. The general feeling amongst the other three at the time was that Paul unilaterally made this announcement to make it look like the choice was his, to sell his record, and "get one up" on not just John, but all of them. They collectively agreed to wait to announce the split. This is all documented. I didn't "neglect" to mention anything about Allen Klein, my response was a correction about the timing and motivation for Paul's announcement, not the reason for his dispute with the other three.

One sided facts? What is that? There is fact and there is fiction. The problem all along is that I'm saying things you and others like you don't want to hear, usually in response to errors and inaccuracies and personal feelings. Pedestal polishers dispute the facts and then get hostile and insulting when I don't relent to their incessant bullying just like your response that I've outlined above. You said "I'm not disputing anything he said." and "Your [sic] really screwed if you think Paul just made the announcement" practically in the same breath. This is disputing what I said, it's disputing what is documented, it's a catalyst for an argument, and it is bullying, and I won't be bullied.

You said earlier that sometimes my posts are ok. My posts are always ok when someone is not disputing documented fact with personal feelings and errors. The people who can't handle (or would prefer not to know) the truth are the ones to thank for the rants.

I'm sorry Mike. I'm sorry that I know the difference between clear and concise and random and vague. I'm sorry that I'm educated, and I'm sorry that I've read a million and a half Beatle books and can squash a untruth or misconception a mile away. I'm sorry that I know about the remastering process and know that another set of remasters is equal to putting "New and Improved!!!" on the box to get more money out of the stupid. I'm sorry that my opinions are informed. I'm sorry for all these things. Don't kick me out. I'll bite my fingers every time I see bullshit in a post from now on, I promise. No more truth, and I'll buy me a nice big can of Brasso and some clean rags
JJS

Wip, wop, wim and wham... indeed!
jjs
Bronze member
Bronze member
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:39 pm

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Your are so full of yourself . . . indeed.
Mike Kovacich
Image
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
User avatar
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby Mark Rink » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Mike wrote:Your are so full of yourself . . . indeed.

no Mike it's wip whop wham indeed \M/
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:13 pm

Previous

Return to Site News, Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest