Additions or changes in setlist?

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Additions or changes in setlist?

Postby derekjdavis » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:28 pm

So I see Paul in 5 days in SF!! He has been on a break for several days now since the old vic gig he just did. Which is awesome because his voice will be nice and fresh for Saturday. However also in these days off, should we expect any further substitutions or changes in the setlist? Do you think he'll leave RAM ON in the setlist, or do you think he was just trying it out recently for fun to see what reaction he'd get? After his recent actions (not playing Back Seat of my Car in Mexico), I have lost all hope that'd he'll ever add my favorite Wings song, Junior's Farm. Which they HAVE rehearsed!

Derek
Getting Better All The Time
derekjdavis
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: Additions or changes in setlist?

Postby bruce hinely » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:11 pm

forget it same show everytime,with a crum throwed in--everybody switches up-take a chance---same beatle songs---- HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JUDE------LOVE PAUL --
AND DONT GIVE ME JUST BE HAPPY HE'S PLAYING CRAP----juniors farm-----oh darling-------lovely rita-----get rid of LET ME ROLL IT----BRING IN HELEN WHEELS----HE'S GOT A GREAT BAND-------BACK SEAT OF MY CAR----DO OTHER TRIBUTE SONGS FOR JOHN AND GEORGE--ALL THINGS MUST PASS WAS GREAT-----COME TOGETHER----
bruce hinely
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:29 pm
Location: savannah ga

Re: Additions or changes in setlist?

Postby derekjdavis » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:23 pm

bruce hinely wrote:forget it same show everytime,with a crum throwed in--everybody switches up-take a chance---same beatle songs---- HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JUDE------LOVE PAUL --
AND DONT GIVE ME JUST BE HAPPY HE'S PLAYING CRAP----juniors farm-----oh darling-------lovely rita-----get rid of LET ME ROLL IT----BRING IN HELEN WHEELS----HE'S GOT A GREAT BAND-------BACK SEAT OF MY CAR----DO OTHER TRIBUTE SONGS FOR JOHN AND GEORGE--ALL THINGS MUST PASS WAS GREAT-----COME TOGETHER----

I agree!! Although I think Let Me Roll It and Jet should be in every show he does lol they're just too awesome not to do.
Getting Better All The Time
derekjdavis
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: Additions or changes in setlist?

Postby chris » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:44 pm

i heard he was closing with freebird. \M/ :wink:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
User avatar
chris
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:22 pm
Location: Chicago, U.S.A

Re: Additions or changes in setlist?

Postby 2 of 3 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:10 pm

You are so silly chris...it's Free AS A Bird...doh! X_X :YMHUG:


Actually, I would like to know what percentage of the audience is a repeat concert goer. There's been a theory floating around that Paul does basically the same show over and over, because it's new to the fans who haven't seen him before. I would guess that 90 % of the people there have seen him multiple times already and they would be happy with a set change. The other 10% wouldn't know the difference anyway. They take a pee break with Hey Jude :-??
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
User avatar
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2804
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:12 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Additions or changes in setlist?

Postby Harrythebannister » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:01 am

2 of 3 wrote:Actually, I would like to know what percentage of the audience is a repeat concert goer. There's been a theory floating around that Paul does basically the same show over and over, because it's new to the fans who haven't seen him before. I would guess that 90 % of the people there have seen him multiple times already and they would be happy with a set change. The other 10% wouldn't know the difference anyway. They take a pee break with Hey Jude :-??


If you listen to the audios or watch the videos circulating of each of The Up & Coming shows, you'll know that each performance is a carbon copy of the one before. Same songs, same stories and anacdotes, same embarrassing wiggle of the hips during the "Now the ladies in the audience" la la la la la la la bit of Hey Jude, same pretending to choke & have a heart attack after the pyrotechnics of Live & Let Die, same Rusty keeling over on his back during the guitar solo in Live & Let Die. The only part that changes is the flag Macca waves after the encore.

He's basically taking a well rehearsed and scripted stage show around the globe and doesn't expect the majority of the audience to have seen more than one show. For this reason alone I doubt there will be many changes in the setlist sadly...although Ram On is a welcome change.
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
User avatar
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:43 pm
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: Additions or changes in setlist?

Postby corchians » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:06 am

The only hope to heard a very different setlist is a special one-off gig for hardcore fans.
So Paul could drop from his setlist his big hits like Hey Jude and add other rare gem like "Man we was lonely" or " Rocky Raccoon".
corchians
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:39 am

Re: Additions or changes in setlist?

Postby derekjdavis » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:37 am

corchians wrote:The only hope to heard a very different setlist is a special one-off gig for hardcore fans.
So Paul could drop from his setlist his big hits like Hey Jude and add other rare gem like "Man we was lonely" or " Rocky Raccoon".

if he ever does rocky racoon my head will explode lol
Getting Better All The Time
derekjdavis
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:08 pm


Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron