Are there people posting to multiple accounts on here?

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Are there people posting to multiple accounts on here?

Postby jgkojak » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:04 pm

There are 2-3 posters, who I will not call out here, who I suspect are the same person.

Mike, I'm sure you have a way of identifying such, but just wanted to note my suspicions.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Are there people posting to multiple accounts on here?

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:17 am

well..i can honestly understand that thought...

i did, as i've already pointed out many a time, used to post another another name.
my computer crashed, we started a new account with a different provider and for whatever reason, i could not get my old name to be usable...so i transmorgrified...but, i'm still the same old me...
though (rick... :wink: ) i never really was angry, it is just one of my favorite songs

it would be nice to know if we're being snowballed...wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, though: integrity certainly isn't the forte of some, it seems
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:17 pm

i can honestly say that i have been suspicious of this for a while as well. i'm not sure i have that much of a problem with it. but...why?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jjs » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:51 pm

Every poster has an IP address, every post logs the IP address, and every IP address can be traced to a general location. Thats' how that little window down the bottom can tell who's on from what part of the world. Braniac is just paranoid because more than one person has drawn the same conclusion...
JJS

Wip, wop, wim and wham... indeed!
jjs
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby 2 of 3 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:28 pm

Crap...now I am worried....I'm not sure I'm really me anymore. :shock:
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:49 pm

:?

maybe it's a psuedo-suess thing (Thing one or Thing two ?) :-??

or...maybe it's me...i'm from oz (dorothy vers.)...laz is from a different, downunder oz: could it be
(but..i LIKE mccartney lyrics... X_X )

split personalities can be a weird thing
split personalities can be a weird thing

sick humor...sorry
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:00 am

jjs wrote:Every poster has an IP address, every post logs the IP address, and every IP address can be traced to a general location. Thats' how that little window down the bottom can tell who's on from what part of the world. Braniac is just paranoid because more than one person has drawn the same conclusion...

If you were so full of yourself JJS you might make some sense once in a while. In general you are correct but anyone keen with software and IT, can disguise their IP address. Gee I thought you knew that?
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby jjs » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:53 pm

Mike wrote:
jjs wrote:Every poster has an IP address, every post logs the IP address, and every IP address can be traced to a general location. Thats' how that little window down the bottom can tell who's on from what part of the world. Braniac is just paranoid because more than one person has drawn the same conclusion...

If you were so full of yourself JJS you might make some sense once in a while. In general you are correct but anyone keen with software and IT, can disguise their IP address. Gee I thought you knew that?

Yeah, I did. And then you'd have accounts with random IP addresses usually coming from different parts of the world. Do you? Does the three accounts" brainiac suspects as being from the same person come from a different part of the world each time that user posts?
JJS

Wip, wop, wim and wham... indeed!
jjs
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to Site News, Announcements