Too much negativity here

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby Mark Rink » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:29 pm

I just wanted to break jjs's streak on every forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:13 pm

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby Mark Rink » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Ever since The Beatles called it quits way back in 1970 Sir Paul has always been looked down upon with his music. It started when he wanted Linda to be in the band . Red Rose Speedway was a weird recording he was turning bubblegum with Silly Love Songs Denny Laine was mad because Macca put Wings to rest. How dare Macca record with Micheal Jackson ? Macca does what he does because he dose'nt care what the main streem tells him to do he does what he wants to do. And if you don't ,like it then thats fine don't pentalize someone for writing what they want. We all can't agree on everything :shock: so don't :-@
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:13 pm

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:51 pm

quite cogent, mark...especially that bit about him doing what he'd like

if i might, a thought: simply that the beginning of 'that feeling' towards macca really might've been jumpstarted when john (with help from allen klein & george) began a bit of a campaign to 'blame' paul for the breakup of the beatles (even knowing that he had already set those wheels in motion himself),thus painting paul in a very bad light to all who did not have a clue...

and, being publically blamed (by no less than john) for the breakup of the worlds biggest band...that began the turn for the worse for his public image, of which the public misconceptions you've mentioned so eloquently just added to.
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
User avatar
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:07 am

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby Mark Rink » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:49 am

well said atom that reminds me of a story that I read that when Macca announced that he was leaving The Beatles Lennon was very angry at him kicking chairs yelling throwing objects around the house and Yoko said are you mad at the chair or Paul,and so what now the world knows and all the pressure is off you so see even back in the day Macca did what he wanted :-BD
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:13 pm

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby jjs » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:57 pm

Mark Rink wrote:well said atom that reminds me of a story that I read that when Macca announced that he was leaving The Beatles Lennon was very angry at him kicking chairs yelling throwing objects around the house and Yoko said are you mad at the chair or Paul,and so what now the world knows and all the pressure is off you so see even back in the day Macca did what he wanted :-BD



Actually, Lennon was angry because it was his own decision to quit, and Paul tried to make it look like it was his. I'm not sure what your point is?
JJS

Wip, wop, wim and wham... indeed!
jjs
Bronze member
Bronze member
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:39 pm

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby mr h atom » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:28 pm

" i just wanted a break..." would be his point...try it...

john was just p.o.'d that paul wouldn't march to johns drum any more...he wanted things to be done his way, and paul just shrugged his shoulders and moved on...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
User avatar
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:07 am

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:47 pm

jjs wrote:Actually, Lennon was angry because it was his own decision to quit, and Paul tried to make it look like it was his. I'm not sure what your point is?

Yep and you know this because?? Oh yeah you were there right. How about taking a break knocking down Paul every chance you get. You have been warned, I won't hesitate to just delete your posts.
Mike Kovacich
Image
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
User avatar
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby james1985 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:02 pm

You'll be missed, JG, hope to see you back around these parts soon.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
User avatar
james1985
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4184
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: The old UK

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:59 pm

jgkojak wrote:So... this long-time poster/writer on this site is gonna take a break. I'm gonna answer this thread this weekend, then I will be gone for a while. Hopefully if I come back (and that's a big IF) things will have calmed down here and we can have reasonable discussions again.

Very sorry to see you go, I take full responsibility for being too lenient and letting discussions go on their on and go too far. This will not be the case any longer and if necessary I will be looking for someone to help moderate these forums. jgkojak, I do hope your break is short. Hope to see you back soon!
Mike Kovacich
Image
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
User avatar
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Too much negativity here

Postby Mark Rink » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:59 pm

Mike wrote:
jgkojak wrote:So... this long-time poster/writer on this site is gonna take a break. I'm gonna answer this thread this weekend, then I will be gone for a while. Hopefully if I come back (and that's a big IF) things will have calmed down here and we can have reasonable discussions again.

Very sorry to see you go, I take full responsibility for being too lenient and letting discussions go on their on and go too far. This will not be the case any longer and if necessary I will be looking for someone to help moderate these forums. jgkojak, I do hope your break is short. Hope to see you back soon!

Hey Mike is there anything that I can do to help ? I know that I have been part of the problem but I'm turning a new leaf because I don't want to lose Macca-Radio let me know if I can help :-BD
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Site News, Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron