Why doesn't radio play McCartney

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:33 am

quote:When Wonderful Christmastime comes around I'll switch to another station. I think that's one of Pauls biggest mistakes over the years. But when you've written so much beautifull stuff you're allowed to make a mistake every 10 years

Gotta disagree. Just my opinion though, of course. I think Wonderful Christastime is a GREAT song. Every time I hear it around the holidays, it just makes me FEEL like Christmas. Now, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reggae, that's a different story. [xx(]
Ram1

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:38 am

Rudolf the red nose reggae must be meant as a joke. come on, no one can take that seriously.

WCT is for me just one awfull xmas song in the same catergorie as Last Xmas from Wham. But it is true. when it comes around on your radio (or in Wham's case) on MTV you know christmas is coming.
Thomas

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:13 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
I think Wonderful Christastime is a GREAT song. Every time I hear it around the holidays, it just makes me FEEL like Christmas.
No doubt. My family has always loved the song and the silly video. It's not Christmas without it at my house. LOVE IT!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:38 pm

quote:I think Wonderful Christastime is a GREAT song. Every time I hear it around the holidays, it just makes me FEEL like Christmas.
same here[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:43 pm

my radio actually plays alot of macca (beatles/wings or solo)compared to most stations. and my radio does top 10 songs of the month and jet is up at #3[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jet » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:56 pm

The most ironic thing about this thread is that the moment I am writing my reply (October 6th) a cover version of The Long And Winding Road (albeit a truly dreadful version) is at number 1 in the UK singles chart!
jet

Postby dsnito » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:44 pm

There´s a local FM station here that plays a lot of Beatles/Macca songs but it´s a flash back station. It only does play the great oldies of 60s and 70s beyond The Beatles. In the other hand the most popular stations that play hits of the moment really don´t do it. There´s no "Driving Rain"´s songs for an example... sadly[V].

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby LawrenceMacca » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:39 pm

Ive got a theory that people dont promote Paul as much as they should/could...because they cant make as much money off him. i.e. hes too wise, and too well organised, lawyers etc..they cant rip him off like they can new naive upcoming teeny boppers. Is there some truth in that I wonder??
LawrenceMacca

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:10 pm

good point. never thought of that.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr. kite » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:08 am

Same here in Manila. Macca doesn't get his deserving air time in our stations. It must have been a top ten song for him to get air play. It's a pity.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions