Goodnight Vienna

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:26 pm

quote:Ringo may not be the greatest of the Fab Four but definitely he doesn't deserve such thing...Poor Ringo!!! LOL

CHOKE! HAHA.

You're right, Nito. Sorry for SOILING your thread, SIR!
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:50 am

I think "Goodnight Vienna" is an underrated album... John's album title song is very funky as well as "Occapella" and "All By Myself"(John played rythm guitar very well on this), "No No Song" is a funny drug-song, "Oo-Wee" a good rock song, "Snokeroo" amazed me for Elton's piano playing, "Call Me" wrote by Ringo showed how sad he was for being apart from Maureen(this song quite moved me for his sincerity)... "Husbands and Wives" was very proper to his warm and heartful voice, but "Only You" version is just OK to me(though reached the top 5 on the charts in`75 along with "No No Song" in Brazil). I also like much the album cover photo from "The Day The Earth Stood Still" movie with Ringo as Klaatu.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Re: Goodnight Vienna

Postby Mark Rink » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:39 pm

this is actually my first Ringo solo album (sorry I'm 47 ) that I bought way back in 1975 :lol: now I have the cd and I still think it's a very good recording Happy 70th birthday Rings :ymparty:
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Previous

Return to RINGO