Macca's Hyde Park Show Live On YouTube!!

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Macca's Hyde Park Show Live On YouTube!!

Postby linclink » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:55 pm

From the official website comes the news that the London show this Sunday, June 27th, will be simulcast on youtube, and it will also be archived for a month there to view as well. Start time is 8:30 U.K time, which translates to 3:30 EST here in New York State.
I'm hoping it's the full nearly three hour, three dozen song set...and not the slightly truncated version that had to be played at the Isle Of Wight fest, due to time constraints...
First the link:
http://www.paulmccartney.com/news.php#/1968/2010-06
And here's the text:
Carla Bruni-Sarkozy and The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria are proud to announce that Paul is throwing his support behind the BORN HIV FREE campaign. His forthcoming show this weekend in London's Hyde Park will be broadcast exclusively through the BORN HIV FREE channel on YouTube.

Paul will headline this summer's “Hard Rock Calling” weekend, the concert series sponsored by The Hard Rock Café, which takes place in London’s Hyde Park from 25 to 27 June 2010. Paul’s concert on the Sunday 27th will be filmed and streamed live exclusively through the dedicated YouTube BORN HIV FREE channel at http://www.youtube.com/BornHIVFree . This will be the first time a European concert is broadcast live on YouTube. The concert will remain available for viewing by web users worldwide for a full month after the concert date. Viewers will also be able to find more about Born HIV Free and sign up to show their support for the campaign.

Paul has appeared in Hyde Park only twice before - the first time was when he opened and closed 2005’s Live 8 concert and the second when he came on stage as a surprise guest last summer at Neil Young’s show to perform The Beatles' anthem ‘A Day In The Life’.

This concert is part of Paul's all new 'Up and Coming Tour', which started in the US earlier this year. The Hyde Park performance will mark the end of a successful run of shows in the UK and Ireland which saw Paul headline the Isle Of Wight Festival and perform his first ever UK standalone stadium show at Scotland's legendary Hampden Park Stadium.

In keeping with his headline-making special concerts over the last few years, this all new tour has already broken ticket selling records around the world and has seen the iconic star and his band play unique venues, places and locations; new cities he’s never played and familiar markets he’s not visited for a while.

The Hyde Park show will feature a typically diverse set list, drawing on two hours plus worth of selections spanning the catalogues of The Beatles, Wings and Paul’s solo career - including tracks from The Fireman’s 2008 album ‘Electric Arguments’.

The BORN HIV FREE campaign was created to mobilize public support for the work of The Global Fund and for a world where no child is born with HIV by 2015. The campaign has a contemporary aesthetic, bringing together well known artists to create a bold and innovative body of work that is both upbeat and optimistic in tone. The call for action to virtually eliminate the transmission of HIV from mother to child by 2015, [originally called for by UNAIDS and supported by TGF & all its parners] is entirely realizable. The campaign’s main message is that “We can put a stop to this in the next five years. A world where all children are BORN HIV FREE is now possible”.

With the announcement of her Ambassadorship for the Global Fund for the Protection of Women and Children Against AIDS in December 2008, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy declared that one of the ways she wanted to act as an ambassador was to engage the world of art, culture, fashion and entertainment for the cause of ensuring that virtually all children are BORN HIV FREE. The campaign grew out of this commitment and has expanded to involve world renowned artists including Amy Winehouse, U2, Jean-Paul Gaultier and several others throughout these creative fields.

Paul’s concert and support will help The Global Fund increase public awareness about the BORN HIV FREE campaign, encourage citizens to sign-up and enable donor countries to continue increased investments in The Global Fund so that an HIV-free generation can become a reality by the campaign year goal of 2015.

YouTube, the video-sharing website, has vastly extended the reach of the BORN HIV FREE campaign by providing an easily accessible platform allowing millions of people to see the concert.

http://www.bornhivfree.org - http://www.youtube.com/bornhivfree
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Re: Macca's Hyde Park Show Live On YouTube!!

Postby Fan on the run » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:11 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to see this everywhere in the world? I Live in Finland and afraid that there´s some area problems...
Fan on the run

Postby EddieV » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:53 pm

watching right now, Macca plays it safe!! But it is great
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby linclink » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Well it's been archived & will be available to view for about a month from what I understand.
Although for a great cause, this is wrongly advertised as the full show. It's only about half, but a great half...but oh my gosh what they left out!!!
Here's what you'll see...From London's Hyde Park on June 27th, 2010...Up & Coming Tour...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX1_fIOMo9k
Jet
All My Loving
Letting Go
Got To Get You Into My Life
Let Me Roll It
The Long & Winding Road
Let 'Em In
My Love
I'm Looking Through You
Blackbird
Dance Tonight
Mrs. Vanderbilt
Eleanor Rigby
Band On The Run
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Back in the U.S.S.R.

Skips songs #1 (,Venus & Mars / Rock Show) #12 (1985 ), #13 (Here Today), #15 (Ram On) #16 (Something), #21 (Paperback Writer) & #23-#33 (A Day in the Life / Give Peace A Chance; Let It Be; Live and Let Die; Hey Jude; Day Tripper; Lady Madonna; Get Back; Yesterday; Helter Skelter; Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise); The End)

Here's the full setlist...
1. Venus & Mars / Rock Show
2. Jet
3. All My Loving
4. Letting Go
5. Got to Get You Into My Life
6. Let Me Roll It
7. The Long and Winding Road
8. Let 'Em In
9. My Love
10. I'm Looking Through You
11. Blackbird
12. 1985
13. Here Today
14. Dance Tonight
15. Here Today
16. Something
17. Mrs Vandebilt
18. Eleanor Rigby
19. Band on the Run
20. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
21. Paperback Writer
22. Back in the U.S.S.R.
23. A Day in the Life / Give Peace A Chance
24. Let It Be
25. Live and Let Die
26. Hey Jude
Encore 1:
27. Day Tripper
28. Lady Madonna
29. Get Back
Encore 2:
30. Yesterday
31. Helter Skelter
32. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
33. The End

BONUS LINK: An acoustic rehearsal from earlier in the tour, outdoors no less, with absolutely beautiful versions of these great songs...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q3pacwyyak
"Every Night"
Abbreviated version of Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere"
"I've Just Seen A Face"
"Midnight Special" (Traditional)
"Calico Skies"
Loose Jamming called "We Got Soul"?
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby jgkojak » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:39 am

Letting Go freakin' rocks.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:34 am

Dissapointed that they didn´t show the whole concert on youtube
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA In-The-Media