Abbey Road Revisited

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Re: Abbey Road Revisited

Postby jjs » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:15 am

markfeber@yahoo.com wrote:you will get it chris but man i wish you could go! i am going to columbus and am in a wheelchair so got great seats. saw him in chicago in 06 and he shook my hand! being in this chair got me right up next to the stage. same with paulie in 05 so i guess there are some advantages. and believe me i understand the money situation. its really gotten ridiculous hasnt it? ~X(

He can't sing. In fact some of his vocals are painful. Who the hell would pay $600 to hear someone sing, who can't sing? Second question: His concerts routinely suffer from poor attendance. Why charge $600 when you already have trouble filling your seats?
JJS

Wip, wop, wim and wham... indeed!
jjs
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: Abbey Road Revisited

Postby chris » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:47 pm

jjs wrote: His concerts routinely suffer from poor attendance. Why charge $600 when you already have trouble filling your seats?

one of the all time hilarious concert moments for me was at an outdoor venue, where the best seats were in actual chairs in a covered pavillion, and the general admission seats were on a ascending lawn in the back. it had to be late 90's. waters' in the flesh tour, i think. the concert was good. it was fine, if not spectacular...and near the end he started performing brain damage/eclipse from dark side. it got the crowd going. but when he started singing...the lunatic is on the grass...the overhead lights of the venue put spotlights on the completely barren lawn area...save for one sorry soul right in the middle of it. it was a great laugh.

do i hear crickets?... :shock:

i guess you had to be there.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to The Beatles: Albums