Up and Coming Tour: Dublin 06-12-2010

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Up and Coming Tour: Dublin 06-12-2010

Postby Mike » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:27 am

MACCA-Central pal Bob Gannon "over there" to report on both the Dublin and Glascow shows. Looking forward to his comments and pictures.
http://www.macca-central.com/news/?3328
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: Up and Coming Tour: Dublin 06-12-2010

Postby linclink » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:01 am

Set list from the official McCartney Website:
And I'm counting 9 songs not on the set list for last tour (Venus & Mars, Rockshow, All My Loving, Letting Go, Nineteen Hundred And Eight Five, Let 'Em In, I'm Looking Through You, Two Of Us, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da) which means 20%-25% new material for this tour...he seems to be trading out "I'm Looking Through You" & "Two Of Us" for "I've Just Seen A Face", & "And I Love Her" at some shows. I prefer the former, but love the latter as well- especially "I've Just Seen A Face"...but "Two Of Us" is an all time fave, and "I'm Looking Through You" a premier this tour, and one I love as much as "I've Just Seen A Face"..."And I Love Her" is great too, but less great for me.

Dublin Setlist - Saturday 12th June 2010‏
** Reports of "Penny Lane", "C Moon" and "Ram On" at the soundcheck too!!!

1. Venus and Mars / Rockshow
2. Jet
3. All My Loving
4. Letting Go
5. Got To Get You Into My Life
6. Highway
7. Let Me Roll It
8. The Long And Winding Road
9. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
10. Let ‘Em In
11. My Love
12. I'm Looking Through You
13. Two Of Us
14. Blackbird
15. Here Today
16. Dance Tonight
17. Mrs Vandebilt
18. Eleanor Rigby
19. Something
20. Sing The Changes
21. Band On The Run
22. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
23. Back In The USSR
24. I’ve Got A Feeling
25. Paperback Writer
26. A Day In The Life / Give Peace A Chance
27. Let It Be
28. Live And Let Die
29. Hey Jude

Encore
30. Day Tripper
31. Lady Madonna
32. Get Back

Second Encore
33. Yesterday
34. Helter Skelter
35. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band / The End
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby JimQ » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:36 am

I had already seen Paul live in Dublin in December and enjoyed it so much I was worried about going again in case i'd desensitize myself to it...! Then I doubly regretted buying tickets when I saw some videos of the Mexico gig where his voice sounded shot to pieces. I was reading a few posts here where people were saying that his voice had aged so much that they felt he should quit touring and maybe might only be able to manage one more vocal album - and was agreeing with them.........NOT AFTER LAST NIGHT!!!! I still haven't recovered! His voice was perfect, a few missed high notes, but many of the higher notes in other songs were hit effortlessly. No croakiness whatsoever. It's obviously because he's had a few days' break - it was his first concert since the White House. I have seen hundreds of gigs but no artist can bring the magic that Paul brings. I don't know what it is-his rapport with the audience, the amazing music and songs - whatever it is NO concert can compare with a McCartney concert. Somehow you feel that you're the most important audience he's ever played to - It's hard to believe he can keep this up with every audience he's performed for. You could see a lot of the nay-sayers getting won over by the time he finished "Letting Go". The wings and solo material went over extremely well (especially "Sing the Changes") and apart from the lack of "Maybe I'm Amazed" we couldn't ask for more. He really is on top of his game, and exuded confidence (even while struggling with his braces which kept deciding to open...). The concert was an emotional rollercoaster, which it shouldn't be for those of us who have about twenty dvds and eighty cds of basically the same concert. Let it Be and Here Today were particularly moving. I really hope I get to see him live just once more.......

ps Being an obsessive I joined my fellow obsessives up a tree to hear some of the soundcheck - 1985 (which was an early highlight during the concert, great song!) and a beautiful version of Celebration (like the one from the Secret Show in 2002), Dance Tonight, Ram On (!), San Francisco Bay (hate that song....!), Something.... and then the tree became uncomfortable so I left.....

Amazing show and we'll get many more vocal albums out of him, don't worry!! ^:)^
JimQ

Postby jamie » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:45 am

awesome show lastnight - a little sad to notice the continuing decline of his voice and at this stage of his career you never know when youve seen your last Macca gig but nevertheless another great experience!! :-BD
HEAPS OF BEATLES MEMORABILIA AT :
http://www.aceltdsports.com
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:57 am

Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby linclink » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:43 am

Interesting to get two conflicting reports about the quality of his voice.
That's precisely why I'm doing my best to try to get to two Macca shows this tour.
I have no complaints about him in the studio ever. I like the way his voice has aged & think the vocals on all of his albums are outstanding...but live...
Well live I've heard some lesser moments- he he's human & in his later 60's!!- but he is still great, and that's not just for his age. The thing is that he's a bit less consistent, and facts are facts he can't keep doing shows of this quality, and this length forever. So that's why I say to folks...get out there & get out to see McCartney while you still can!!!
I can't say for sure that these will be my final McCartney shows, but honestly I have a strong feeling that they may.
Having traveled to Boston last Summer, and having him hit two out of the three closest bigger cities this Summer adds up to me being less likely to see him again anytime soon...unless...someone I'm in love with is desperate to go see him, then that would change everything of course! That possibility aside, I'd say that the only close place he could come that I could see him would be Cleveland, or Buffalo- but that seems like a real long shot. Rochester & Syracuse are even closer. Now if he came to any of those cities I think I could see a farewell shot with him after this tour. The only other possibility would be if he came around & I could get into a small venue gig somehow. As much as I love him, traveling 6-8 hours one way & spending a small fortune to catch 75% of the same show & the increasing potential for lesser performances in the years to come make it less likely that I'll be seeing him much after this. If he came back to Fenway Park I might consider it...so to recap that'd be Fenway Park, true love, small halls, or a close by gig...or if my old Beatlemaniac side says go one last final time... I think those are the only things likely to get me out again to see him after this tour. I'm thrilled he's coming to both Pittsburgh and Toronto on the same tour. That's a total Blessing & great fortune & I'm doing my best to take advantage of it.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours