Paul Bashes Bush (WARNING: HIGH POLITICAL CONTENT)

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Paul Bashes Bush (WARNING: HIGH POLITICAL CONTENT)

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:37 am

Please just go to Paul's own website community, www.paulmccartney.com and read what fans who have been registered with his site, who buy his music, who go to his concerts. Longtime fans are saying voicing their opininos, not right wing talk machine. To simplify right wing, left wing is escaping the whole point of the vast amount of fans who are voicing their opinion on the matter as negative as it is. The topic could be simply locked out, but it is clear it was decided to let this air out, as messy as it is, and there is quite nasty posts back and forth. I am so very surprised ?
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby bobjaybird » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Luckally, it is not big press and just an internet chatter topic. Sure it got it's airplay but it is not the headline of the NYT or CNN and will die down once The Gulf is consumed by oil. I'm like Derrick, I wouldn't have made the comment due to the rukus it has caused but Paul has always emphasized his desire to be a normal person and give out normal opinions. If you let this bother you enough to sell your collectables then I would hate to have a rational discussion with you because I can only imagine your lack of rational discussion ability. I'm conservative to the core but come on, his music is priceless and he doesn't make any major decisons so who cares? Bottom line, it was A JOKE. Celebrities like Bill Maher, Seann Penn and Barbara Striesand have made worse remarks about Bush and talk radio has made remarks about Clinton and Gore. Inapporpriate remark, sure but why do people do even more inappropriate stuff in response to it? That I can't tell you.
bobjaybird

Postby Awesoman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Mike wrote:Please just go to Paul's own website community, http://www.paulmccartney.com and read what fans who have been registered with his site, who buy his music, who go to his concerts. Longtime fans are saying voicing their opininos, not right wing talk machine.

Sorry, but the "outrage" over Paul's dumb comment on his website is pretty ridiculous; especially the idiots that wish to boycott him over this. These people are just as moronic as the half-witted Obama Kool-Aid drinkers that like to blame Bush for everything and anything that is bad in this world. If I stopped listening to artists whom political opinions I did not agree with, I would not be listening to any music. Ok, I would probably be listening to some Toby Keith or Alice Cooper and what a sad little world that would be. Seriously, considering how Bush-bashing exploded into some sort of art-form back when he was president, I've grown quite numb to it. It actually bothers me more on how dated Paul's jab was than the jab itself. You're a little late to the party there, Paul.

Something to ponder: The most recent Rolling Stones album, 2006's A Bigger Bang, included a Bush-bashing song called "Sweet Neo-Con". When I ripped this album to my iPod, I left that song out. Problem solved.
Awesoman

Postby jjs » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:08 pm

Mike wrote:Please just go to Paul's own website community, http://www.paulmccartney.com and read what fans who have been registered with his site, who buy his music, who go to his concerts. Longtime fans are saying voicing their opininos, not right wing talk machine. To simplify right wing, left wing is escaping the whole point of the vast amount of fans who are voicing their opinion on the matter as negative as it is. The topic could be simply locked out, but it is clear it was decided to let this air out, as messy as it is, and there is quite nasty posts back and forth. I am so very surprised ?

That place is out of control.

I'm half-inclined to go there and launch a thread voicing my no-holds-barred opinion on Paul's weak unfinished lyrics... but I don't have the time or energy to defend them on two fronts. That woman with the 165 IQ though.. I'd like to know what she thinks about it... :-D
JJS

Wip, wop, wim and wham... indeed!
jjs
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Awesoman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:21 pm

Mike wrote:I really don't want to keep this going as it is getting out of hand, but I'm still getting emails from people who have never posted in the forums here. Even Paul's own website is allowing this topic to continue. The fact that a few threads were locked, a main thread on the topic is still open. So, if it's open game on Paul's own website, I do feel obligated to keep it open here as well. Fans are stating their views and some fans are angrily attacking other fans because of their views. I'm sure the Paul-hatters are taking this opportunity to take digs into Paul and that's sad.

I do think because the thread is purposely being left open, at some point in time soon, this will be addressed by the website and/or Paul. He certainly did not intend to alienate fans but he did. I'm sure this will be cleared up and go away, hopefully very soon.

McCartney has taken shots at Bush before. Back in 2004 when he played Neil Young's annual Bridge School concert, after performing "Let It Be", he slyly quipped to the audience, "And let it be Kerry!" (referring to the Frankenstein-looking Democratic presidential candidate). Look, we can't get our panties in a wad every time our musical hero says something we don't like. Nothing wrong with frowning upon Paul's comment, but we are seriously blowing this out of proportion. It's not like he recorded an album titled Living With War with such chestnut songs as "Let's Impeach The President".

And remember kids, Paul's "political activity" over the years is about as fluffy as his lyrics [that was for you, JJS]. Like most celebrity sheep, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Just as it was considered chic to bash Bush over anything he did, it is now chic to sing the praises of Obama's empty rhetoric. Except that someone needs to remind Paul that Bush has been out of office for 1½ years.
Awesoman

Postby jjs » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:26 pm

bobjaybird wrote:Luckally, it is not big press and just an internet chatter topic.
Bottom line, it was A JOKE. Celebrities like Bill Maher, Sean Penn and Barbara Striesand have made worse remarks about Bush and talk radio has made remarks about Clinton and Gore.

Ironically, anyone with even half a brain wouldn't have made the joke.

If there was a respected American performer who was invited to play for the British Prime minister, and that performer made some disparaging "joke" about the Queen... I mean you just don't do it, you don't do it, and you especially don't do it in someone else's country. It is entirely disrespectful. You don't get involved with other people's religion or politics. Doesn't Paul have the common sense to know why it's a bad thing to discuss religion and politics?

It was an entirely disrespectful thing to say, and I can sure see why many people are disappointed by it, left and right wing. He should apologize for his stupidity.
JJS

jjs
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jjs » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:45 pm

Awesoman wrote:And remember kids, Paul's "political activity" over the years is about as fluffy as his lyrics [that was for you, JJS]. Like most celebrity sheep, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Just as it was considered chic to bash Bush over anything he did, it is now chic to sing the praises of Obama's empty rhetoric. Except that someone needs to remind Paul that Bush has been out of office for 1½ years.

Aww thx...

Hey.. anyone notice how many people were behind Bush after 9/11, Republican and Democrat alike? Voting to invade Afghanistan and Iraq... voting for the Patriot Act and allowing Guantanamo Bay... turning a blind eye to the 'torture' and waterboarding and all...

Until everyone started feeling safe and content again?

And afterward, how well the sackless dems and the friggin' liberal press changed public opinion! Attacking every policy that devastated Al-Queda, and got our bases out of Saudi Arabia... all the things that needed to happen TO make us safe again?

And now, do you notice how all those policies are still in place? All of those policies were the right thing to do, at the right time.

The adversarial two party system in this country makes me sick. And I don't need some sackless, pot-soaked limey making stupid comments to make it worse. Right.. vote for John Friggin' Kerry. A guy who votes for a gd war and then convinces stupid people he didn't.

Wow. I just got pissed. :lol:
JJS

jjs
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby lobbybobby » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:36 pm

jjs wrote:
bobjaybird wrote:Luckally, it is not big press and just an internet chatter topic.
Bottom line, it was A JOKE. Celebrities like Bill Maher, Sean Penn and Barbara Striesand have made worse remarks about Bush and talk radio has made remarks about Clinton and Gore.

Ironically, anyone with even half a brain wouldn't have made the joke.

If there was a respected American performer who was invited to play for the British Prime minister, and that performer made some disparaging "joke" about the Queen... I mean you just don't do it, you don't do it, and you especially don't do it in someone else's country. It is entirely disrespectful. You don't get involved with other people's religion or politics. Doesn't Paul have the common sense to know why it's a bad thing to discuss religion and politics?

It was an entirely disrespectful thing to say, and I can sure see why many people are disappointed by it, left and right wing. He should apologize for his stupidity.

Absolutely agree with you 100%
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:47 pm

You politic nerds crack me up!! :lol:
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby pates78 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:42 pm

seriously, what a joke...NOBODY is talking about this except a few people on macca websites...whow knew a 67yr old moptop could be so subversive lol.
pates78

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues