Movie of the Moment

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Movie of the Moment

Postby chris » Mon May 17, 2010 8:15 pm

i am surprised at how many quality movies michael douglas has been in. he is an actor that i take for granted. i assume a movie he does is going to probably be a good one. although he does seem to play a similar character in lots of his movies. one movie he is not the same role in...is wonder boys. if you haven't seen it, give it a shot. great movie. great cast.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Mon May 17, 2010 8:34 pm

oh yeah chris i love wonder boys!!! tobey maguire, robert downey jr and douglas as grady trip? he was way cool in this movie. thanks for reminding me. i also liked falling down.
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:56 pm

recently saw gran torino and it blew me away!!!! thoughts?
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:19 pm

mark, it might just be my favorite clint eastwood movie. and he's done gobs of great ones. although...from this point on...he might be typecast as a crotchety old man. he does that real well.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:33 pm

yeah chris it may be my fave too. it blew me away how he changed throughout the movie. and that ending? what a career he has had!!!!
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:53 am

Kick Ass was incredible. There should be more foul-mouthed eleven-year-olds in movies
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:03 pm

I was excited to watch The Road after reading the book a few years ago. I didn't think I enjoyed the book. It's minimalist style, no punctuation, nearly no conversation, really...but by the end it had a tight grip on me without me even realizing it. And I thought it would be an easy movie to pull off.

I was wrong. A 100 minute movie just didn't have enough time to get me to care about these people. Viggio's performance was great. He's one of the few actors that can relay meaning with just a look, no words. In fact, everyone was good in this. It just didn't have anywhere near the emotional impact that the book did.
Last edited by chris on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bonovox66 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:52 pm

Haven't seen The Road. Don't want to see it until I've had a chance to read it. Its been on my bookshelf for a couple years now.

Didn't see Kick A but there should always be more foul mouthed children in movies. They turn even a horrible movie tolerable.

Did anyone see Iron Man 2? What did they think?

Saw it and enjoyed it but thought it was a tad forgettable. This year has really been bad for movies. Haven't seen a new movie since UP last year that I could say I would watch again.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:31 pm

saw two today....bubba ho tep which may be the most bizzare i have seen and a beautiful mind which may be one of the best i have seen. thoughts?
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:35 pm

beautiful mind was great. russell crowe is another guy who seems to only be in good movies. but bubba who? can't say i am aware of that one.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV