Up and Coming Tour: Mexico City, Mexico 05-27-2010

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Up and Coming Tour: Mexico City, Mexico 05-27-2010

Postby eggman1979 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:37 am

This video is a sort or resume of of the first night. It includes the lights show and the improvisation "Shinning light in Mexico". This video isn't mine, it was filmed on the top-right section, I was in the court, at the centro, just 2 rows ahead of the separation of the people who were stnd up. Hope you enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQZfSiL-tBI
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby derekjdavis » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:57 pm

eggman1979 wrote:
markfeber@yahoo.com wrote:wow lovely rita? that musta been cool. so much he could do!!!!

This information appears on the official Tour program, page 10, Meet the band section, I`m gonna quote Wickens' words:

Question: What song is not in the current set but you would love to see?

Wickens: "I don't know. There is a huge list of songs that I would like to get to that we have never performed live. We have been trying to do Lovely Rita and things like that, but it's just a case of getting round to finding a place for them and doing them. There is still a wealth of material of The Beatles stuff that has never actually been performed live."

Rusty's answer to the same question is: "Oh yeah, Junior's farm is one that comes to mind. There are a few that we are possibly looking at playing that are really cool too, so we're hoping they make it."

Brian Ray says: "I'd love to see Back seat of my car. Letting go would be fun. I'd like to do Hi hi hi and Junior's farm."

No way! That's so exciting that they've rehearsed Junior's Farm. He'll never play it live though. He didn't do Back Seat, he won't do Junior's farm. Don't even begin to hope.
Last edited by derekjdavis on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Getting Better All The Time
derekjdavis

Postby mr h atom » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:34 pm

hope, man...maccas on record as saying this bands attitude toward his old, solo stuff (y'know, the half-written stuff) is at the core of so many of the ressurected chestnuts: it could easily happen
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby derekjdavis » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:03 am

mr h atom wrote:hope, man...maccas on record as saying this bands attitude toward his old, solo stuff (y'know, the half-written stuff) is at the core of so many of the ressurected chestnuts: it could easily happen

Nope. There is NO way. Don't even get your hopes up! They wanna play it sure, but he won't. I'm sure they wanted to do Back Seat of my Car, but he did not do it. If he were ever going to do another song strictly because people in a certain area want to hear it, it would be then. Don't waste your time getting your hopes up.
derekjdavis

Postby vintage61lefty » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:12 pm

My hopes for Lovely Rita CAME TRUE at the sound check at Hollywood Bowl, better,
though it was just about a minute without the band. :-BD
vintage61lefty

Postby derekjdavis » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:19 pm

vintage61lefty wrote:My hopes for Lovely Rita CAME TRUE at the sound check at Hollywood Bowl, better,
though it was just about a minute without the band. :-BD

yeah at sound checks he does these great songs but he will not do them live. There's no point in hoping. Believe me, I'd like to be wrong. However you all know I'm not.
derekjdavis

Postby Paola McCartney » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:26 pm

A bit late, but just wanted to say:

THESE WERE THE TWO BEST CONCERTS IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!

Paul is a magic man. He made me cry, shout, jump, dance...I really enjoyed it. I think I still can't believe I saw him really near to me. I just hope this isn't the last time I see him in concert, definitely is an experience I have to repeat someday!
Paola McCartney

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours