Up and Coming Tour: Mexico City, Mexico 05-27-2010

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Up and Coming Tour: Mexico City, Mexico 05-27-2010

Postby vintage61lefty » Sat May 29, 2010 12:35 pm

Got some good closeup stories? Or Pics??
vintage61lefty

Postby linclink » Sat May 29, 2010 1:31 pm

Looks like some kind of improv piece "Shine A Light Mexico" performed both nights- loose jam stuff...and it did look great, but...man oh man no "Back Seat Of My Car"? I honestly am more surprised than not this time. I really thought if the guy can pull out "Mrs. Vanderbilt" for the Eastern European crowd, and it ends up revived no less...then even better would be the whole Mexico City connection for "Back Sear Of MY Car"- more obvious it couldn't be. And to have that one revived and in the set list rotation. Wow! Now...That Would Be Something, to quote a great old ex-Rutle I know. I don't know if we'll ever hear that one now, since it didn't come up in Mexico City even...heard it's been tried in practice sessions, but never makes the cut...maybe he's just not feeling right with how it does/doesn't work for him...one can hold out hope for "Junior's Farm" in Nashville though.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby Awesoman » Sat May 29, 2010 3:50 pm

linclink wrote:Looks like some kind of improv piece "Shine A Light Mexico" performed both nights- loose jam stuff...and it did look great, but...man oh man no "Back Seat Of My Car"? I honestly am more surprised than not this time. I really thought if the guy can pull out "Mrs. Vanderbilt" for the Eastern European crowd, and it ends up revived no less...then even better would be the whole Mexico City connection for "Back Sear Of MY Car"- more obvious it couldn't be. And to have that one revived and in the set list rotation. Wow! .

Yeah, it would have been cool to hear him dust this tune off. Although I have to admit it being kind of cheesy of him to perform a song at a venue just because said tune mentions the city he's playing in. But then again, he did bring "Rock Show" to the Hollywood Bowl...
Awesoman

Postby linclink » Sat May 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Awesoman wrote:
linclink wrote:Looks like some kind of improv piece "Shine A Light Mexico" performed both nights- loose jam stuff...and it did look great, but...man oh man no "Back Seat Of My Car"? I honestly am more surprised than not this time. I really thought if the guy can pull out "Mrs. Vanderbilt" for the Eastern European crowd, and it ends up revived no less...then even better would be the whole Mexico City connection for "Back Sear Of MY Car"- more obvious it couldn't be. And to have that one revived and in the set list rotation. Wow! .

Yeah, it would have been cool to hear him dust this tune off. Although I have to admit it being kind of cheesy of him to perform a song at a venue just because said tune mentions the city he's playing in. But then again, he did bring "Rock Show" to the Hollywood Bowl...

Yup exactly, but better yet, he debuted it's re-emergence there, and then kept it...like "Mrs. Vanderbilt". To get "Back Seat Of MY Car" into the set list was a great golden opportunity. They rehearsed it before, so one can still hold out hope for it, but I don't think it's likely...then again I hardly could have predicted "Venus And Mars/Rock Show"- even if it's abbreviated, or "Letting Go" and such, so who knows. "Back Seat Of My Car" & "Junior's Farm" may not be exactly at the top of my solo wish list (though on some days either might) but, if not then they are certainly way up there.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby Awesoman » Sat May 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Wasn't aware they had rehearsed "Back Seat Of My Car" before. When was this? Wonder why they didn't end up performing it.
Awesoman

Postby vintage61lefty » Sat May 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Back Seat of my Car ...over and out ...not happening. :ymapplause:

And an "orchestra" at the Bowl WOULD have been nice place for Eleanor Rigby..and more
but George Martin already beat him to it .

We got to hear some of "Lovely Rita" Paul solo piano jamming, not mentioned.. until here and now... \:d/
vintage61lefty

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sat May 29, 2010 8:30 pm

wow lovely rita? that musta been cool. so much he could do!!!!
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby eggman1979 » Sun May 30, 2010 12:13 am

markfeber@yahoo.com wrote:wow lovely rita? that musta been cool. so much he could do!!!!

This information appears on the official Tour program, page 10, Meet the band section, I`m gonna quote Wickens' words:

Question: What song is not in the current set but you would love to see?

Wickens: "I don't know. There is a huge list of songs that I would like to get to that we have never performed live. We have been trying to do Lovely Rita and things like that, but it's just a case of getting round to finding a place for them and doing them. There is still a wealth of material of The Beatles stuff that has never actually been performed live."

Rusty's answer to the same question is: "Oh yeah, Junior's farm is one that comes to mind. There are a few that we are possibly looking at playing that are really cool too, so we're hoping they make it."

Brian Ray says: "I'd love to see Back seat of my car. Letting go would be fun. I'd like to do Hi hi hi and Junior's farm."
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby vintage61lefty » Sun May 30, 2010 1:39 pm

markfeber@yahoo.com wrote:wow lovely rita? that musta been cool. so much he could do!!!!

it was !!!!!!!!!

talk about scooping .. :-BD
vintage61lefty

Postby corchians » Mon May 31, 2010 6:29 am

My favourites for possible future add are : Lovely Rita-The night before-Martha my dear - In my life and Rocky Racconn.
Is strange that Paul have never performed "She loves you" and "I wanna hold your hand", maybe he think that are John stuff??
But I have read that are 50% songs.
In the past he have play "I'll get you" so ....
corchians

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours