MACCA Radio buffering issues: UPDATE

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Re: MACCA Radio buffering issues: UPDATE

Postby Mark Rink » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:31 pm

2/12/10 my gosh I can't take it Mike it's worse today then ever, sounds like I'm riding my bike with my old turn table skip skip skip skip skip skip skip HELP! me bro %-(
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mike » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:58 pm

The problems over the last couple of days seem to have been localized at my location. I restarted the services and all seems well. Please keep me updated via your reception reports.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Mark Rink » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:30 pm

2/13/10 sounding great here Mike in Philly ... :-BD THanks Buddie
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby bunwhisper » Tue May 25, 2010 8:33 pm

Hi

I just started listening to Macca Radio and love it, but am experiencing severe buffering issues. It works for about 10 minutes then goes to buffering and does not restart unless I restart the stream. Then it starts all over again.

I have a 16 MG download connection and am using a 2.66 Core Duo Mac with 4 MB of RAM and iTunes. I can listen to other stations with no problem so it appears that it is a problem with your stream.... any ideas?

Thanks, want to listen more!

EDIT: I am in Long Beach CA
bunwhisper

Postby Mike » Wed May 26, 2010 11:16 am

Apparently one issue that would be causing buffering is my uplink stream to the stream server. My data connection at my location is being worked on over the next month or two. It is over capacity and I'm assured it will be rectified once the upgrade is complete. My connection has been dropping, I have verified that and that of course would temporarily cause the symptom of buffering at the listener end.

In the past we have had some issues with our stream provider where their servers have been attacked thus interfering with the streams feed to listeners.

If donations were high enough I would invest more into a more reliable upstream connection and backup but, currently donations are not even covering costs so, it is what it is. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this causes all our listeners.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Previous

Return to Site News, Announcements