New Movie About The Doors

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

New Movie About The Doors

Postby marcys79 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:14 pm

I just found out a movie about the Doors called "When You're Strange" will be coming out soon. I am a huge Doors fan and am curious to see how they will be portrayed in the film. I tend to be a bit skeptical about these types of things but from the trailer it looks like it will be pretty good. Anybody have thoughts on it or heard anything about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR-qzSYsJ9k&NR=1
marcys79

Re: New Movie About The Doors

Postby bonovox66 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Not a big Doors fan, but I think I will check it out. Looks interesting. I've always said the Doors (the band) was more interesting than the Doors (the music).

Ever since Oliver Stone's film when I see a picture of the real Jim Morrison, I immediately think he's an impersonator. Val Kilmer is what I think of when I think of Morrison now :-BD
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Re: New Movie About The Doors

Postby mr h atom » Wed May 19, 2010 12:06 am

from what i can tell, it's the very same documentary airing currently on USA's PBS
'american masters' series.

seen it twice now...it is very interesting; it also shows how close oliver stone got it right in his movie...
everybody bogey...dig that bogey beat...man, that bogey rhythm...smells so clean 'n sweet
everybody bogey...bogey onto the streets...without bogey music...life is incomplete
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Return to Music - Other Artists