Movie of the Moment

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Movie of the Moment

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:22 pm

glad you liked joe bonovoxx it has become one of my all time faves. goofy but also kinda deep. and i cant get that song marooned without you outa my head. most prefer sleepless or you got mail but i agree this is my hanks ryan movie. hanks never ceases to amaze me.
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon May 10, 2010 8:50 am

my kids twisted my arm in order to go see the new 'nightmare on elm str.'..

i've never felt the need to see any of the originals: slasher movies are just not 'horror' movies...

now...i remember why i didn't need to see the originals....

'nightmare' isn't quite right...maybe..bad dream..? gas..? who knows !

wait for video
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Mon May 10, 2010 6:10 pm

for what it's worth...i was either in, or just out of high school when the originl nightmare on elm street wes released. and til this day...it was the most scared i've ever been at a movie theater.

because of that...i don't doubt i will get around to seeing the newly filmed remake...eventually...but i am in no hurry.

wait for video? i shall then. thankee sai
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Fri May 14, 2010 9:04 pm

just curious what people on here think of the coen bros films? i watched fargo and raising arizona the other night and was blown away! thoughts?
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Fri May 14, 2010 9:18 pm

i've enjoyed just about every coen brothers movie. big fan.

big lebowski is probably my favorite ever. after all, the dude abides. and john tuturo as the jesus :-BD is not to be missed.
fargo is fabulous
blood simple (their first flick) is incredible film noir
barton fink
raisiong arizona
oh brother,where art thou?
no country for old men
even the hudsucker proxy was good.

there are probably a few more good ones...but off the top of my head, thats it

the only ones i didn't care for were intolerable cruelty (it was intolerably cruel)
and the ladykillers (gotta be hard to make me not like tom hanks. in fact he sucked big balls in this)
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Fri May 14, 2010 9:44 pm

yeah chris i was so looking forward to ladykillers cause hanks is the man but it was terrible. and the dude really does abide. for some odd reason i didnt care for no country. guess my fave is fargo. also just saw the usual suspects and a beautiful mind and the game. all 3 blew me away. the ending of suspects had me screaming at the tv!!! i love twist endings. oh and just saw unbreakable again. wow loved it but i think we talked about that one earlier. and am i the only person on earth who didnt like the dark knight? FINALLY saw it.
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Fri May 14, 2010 9:58 pm

yeah...you ARE the only one who doesn't like dark knight. a superhero having to make a moral decision of choosing one person to live while the other dies? and...having to live with the consequesces? deep stuff, brother.

and don't get me started on the usual supects. maybe one of my top 10 movies ever. i used to use the signature kaiser soze. i won't spoil it for those who didn't see it, but didn't you just KNOW that kaiser was going to be dean keaton? i did... :?

by the way, that rug really tied the room together. damn those carpetpissers!
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sat May 15, 2010 12:58 am

being a huge movie fan, i was intrigued, back in the day, at all the folks who said they were blown away by 'the usual suspects'...and, so i went...problem is, i pegged the 'mystery' right off the bat: i was never fooled...liked the movie, but was a bit deflated by 'getting' it so easily...

now..'the sixth sense'...i DID NOT see coming...the only movie, in my entire life where, not only did i, my wife and several total strangers sit in the theater and talked about it...but, we dropped our plans for the day and turned right around and watched it a second time..

love the coens..i was one of the few and the proud who saw 'blood simple' in the theater..great movie...sold me on the coens as filmakers to watch, so, i saw 'raising arizona' on opening night...one of the funniest movies ever..that music..those characters...

they're doing 'true grit' as a remake...with, i believe, jeff bridges in the john wayne role.....
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sat May 15, 2010 12:15 pm

funny you should mention sixth sense, as we were going in some guy coming out yelled bruce willis is dead the whole time!! so it kinda spoiled it for me. :sad:
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sat May 15, 2010 1:26 pm

and atom i just cant handle that you saw the ending of suspects coming!! you must be one smart dude. ^:)^
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV