With The Beatles (2nd album)

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:30 pm

I was in awe when paul sang "all my loving". He was a certified hottie. When I got into the beatles, I started with "with the beatles"
and worked my way to the later albums. I picked up "please please me" somewhere in the middle. WTB will always be one of my favorites because it was basically my introduction to the fab four.[:)]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:05 pm

roll over beethoven is my fav. song on the album cus its up beat and a really good cover of a chuck berry song[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:39 am

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
I was in awe when paul sang "all my loving". He was a certified hottie. When I got into the beatles, I started with "with the beatles"
and worked my way to the later albums. I picked up "please please me" somewhere in the middle. WTB will always be one of my favorites because it was basically my introduction to the fab four.[:)]

It was the first album of theirs I ever heard, too - but while it holds that place in my heart, I can't help but feel that overall, it's one of their weaker albums, RELATIVELY SPEAKING! Naturally, there's no such thing as a weak Beatles album, but you know what I mean . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Brains » Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:58 am

Well, of course WTB can't be compared to Abbey Road or Sgt. Pepper. But from the early albums I think WTB is the best. PPM just was too early, you can't expect much from a debut album; AHDN and BFS are too commercial for my taste ("the clever Beatles", as JL called them). They don't really rock.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:33 am

I can see what you mean about the "commercial" thing, Brains. However, I think AHDN is AWESOME. I mean the songs on that album are just amazing. "Commercial" or not. AHDN, If I Fell, Anytime at All, I'll Be Back, Tell Me Why, And I love Her, man I could name the whole album!
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:23 pm

quote:It was the first album of theirs I ever heard, too - but while it holds that place in my heart, I can't help but feel that overall, it's one of their weaker albums, RELATIVELY SPEAKING! Naturally, there's no such thing as a weak Beatles album, but you know what I mean . . .

I see what you mean. We all have our opinions and thats what makes the forum fun.[:D]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:01 pm

quote:AHDN and BFS are too commercial for my taste

dude i think those are great albums, much better than WTB, but thats just my opinion[:I]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr. kite » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:42 am

quote:Originally posted by megs

dude i think those are great albums, much better than WTB, but thats just my opinion[:I]

Same here[8D]
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby megs » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:22 pm

........ hmmmm i like the intro to "money" but i dont really like the song to much and i like "till there was you"[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:30 am

quote:Originally posted by mr. kite
quote:Originally posted by megs

Same here[8D]

I prefer AHDN and PPM myself - PPM is flooded with that vibrant raw energy of "hey - we're making a record!" - and AHDN is a taster of what is to come . . .
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums