Up and Coming Tour: Miami, Florida 04-03-2010

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Up and Coming Tour: Miami, Florida 04-03-2010

Postby amazedbypaul » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:02 pm

It was probably a combination of a few bad apples in the crowd and some over reaction on the part of security. It was a bit of a distraction for me but my seats were good enough that it didn't bother me too bad. I did witness security being very rude to some people who really weren't doing anything wrong at all. Maybe some older fans were just trying to relive their younger days and it freaked security out. For me personally, I was just watching Paul and the band jam and I didn't dwell on the side show.
amazedbypaul
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bonovox66 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:17 am

I didn't notice any issues with security. I was 10 rows back directly in front of his piano. The security I thought was fantastic where I was sitting. I do know that the security for these events is usually hired out by a larger company with the venue only providing basic security.

As for the crowd, they didn't ruin the show or distract me. It was just a note about the level of energy. Sorry to hear some had trouble with security.

And well said Mike :ymapplause:
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby amazedbypaul » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:41 pm

I just had to add to my concert report how impressed I was how little time Paul took between songs to even catch his breath. It was a very humid day in Miami and he had to be feeling the heat. He took his jacket off after the third song and was definetly perspiring like everyone else. I just cannot emphasize enough how strong his voice sounded. One example was on "My Love". That is a very difficult song to hide any voice cracking or fluctuations and he hit every note without a hitch. If any of you are hesitating about seeing Paul on this tour and are going to be in the vicinity do not hesitate!! He is performing like a twenty year old. I just cannot believe still that I saw and heard him open with Venus and Mars. And 1985 blew me away. But most of all he just seemed to be so damn happy!!! I just cannot say enough good things about his performance. :salute
amazedbypaul
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bonovox66 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:11 am

Well said amazedbypaul. I couldn't help but notice that he seemed happy too, wasn't sure if anyone else caught it. In fact they all seemed to be having the time of their lives.

I don't think anyone could find a egative thing to say about his performance. There are so many younger bands out there that don't have his energy. But we've all said this before. Just hoping we can see him again sometime soon.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours