Up and Coming Tour: Hollywood Bowl 03-30-2010

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Up and Coming Tour: Hollywood Bowl 03-30-2010

Postby Mike » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:17 am

Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: Up and Coming Tour: Hollywood Bowl 03-30-2010

Postby eggman1979 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:12 am

I read on the report that there`s a date scheduled here in Mexico but I think this is a liitle in-a-hurry, I mean, when huge stars come over here it is announced several months before, Coldplay just came on March 6 but it was announced since October 2009. I really wish this thing appearing on the US tour program would come true, over here nothing has been said or announced.

Please keep me informed!!!
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 am

eggman1979 wrote:I read on the report that there`s a date scheduled here in Mexico but I think this is a liitle in-a-hurry, I mean, when huge stars come over here it is announced several months before, Coldplay just came on March 6 but it was announced since October 2009. I really wish this thing appearing on the US tour program would come true, over here nothing has been said or announced.

Yes, Bob reported "there is a listing for a concert in Mexico City in May. No date, but it is there among all of the U.S. and U.K. dates. So there may be a little good news for Mexican fans". To print it in the tour guide is a huge commitment but with all the drug related violence going on there and travel warnings, maybe there is second thoughts?
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby eggman1979 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:42 pm

Mike wrote:
eggman1979 wrote:I read on the report that there`s a date scheduled here in Mexico but I think this is a liitle in-a-hurry, I mean, when huge stars come over here it is announced several months before, Coldplay just came on March 6 but it was announced since October 2009. I really wish this thing appearing on the US tour program would come true, over here nothing has been said or announced.

Yes, Bob reported "there is a listing for a concert in Mexico City in May. No date, but it is there among all of the U.S. and U.K. dates. So there may be a little good news for Mexican fans". To print it in the tour guide is a huge commitment but with all the drug related violence going on there and travel warnings, maybe there is second thoughts?

Thanks for your comment Mike, love your site! I agree: If this is being said on the official programs it's becasue there is something going on about it. He's going to Miami and Puerto Rico so it's near to this places.

Although I sadly admit that my country has serious security problems it's not like there are murderes on every single corner on every city. Those problems happen on some cities, mostly on the north region near to the US. If Paul does come the dates will be on Mexico City, a place far away from those problems. You know? I feel just like this girl Mi from Israel (where is she now? By the way) when Paul performed over there 2 years ago. If you, Mike, and the rest of you guys, have the opportunity to come visit Mexico you will have a wonderful time, let me tell you.

Three weeks ago I went to Coldplay's concert in Mexico City and absolutely nothing bad happened. They performed not 1 or 2, but 4 concerts, one of them in Monterrey, nothern city with the problem of the drug cartels and nothing happened. Sir Elton Jhon is going to perform next Saturday in Chichen Itzá and everything will be ok. A year ago Paul spent Christmas holydays in Cancún so I'm sure he'll be happy to come back again. We'll treat him amazingly well.
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:21 pm

I'm a so sorry for implying Mexico is a bad place, I did not mean that. You are absolutely correct only certain areas.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby eggman1979 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:32 pm

Don't worry Mike, I know you didn't mean that.

The news from the US Tour program started spreading over here, I'm very exited about it. :-BD
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby vintage61lefty » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Turn right at Dublin..or is it left?
vintage61lefty

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:19 pm

My pal Bob Gannon sent me this note I thought it important enough to let you know
Bob Gannon wrote:UPDATE: I was looking back at my initial Hollywood Bowl report and found that I left something quite substantial out of the report. After the sound check at the first show, the VIP group went to a private place and had a vegetarian dinner there. At my table was a professional photographer who had done some work with the guy that did the video for Good Evening New York City. She said that they were filming both nights at the Hollywood Bowl another concert documentary. She was quite disappointed that her friend did not use her for this show. Don't remember her name but she was there with her mother and brother. So maybe there will be another DVD in the works.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby vintage61lefty » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:05 am

obvious to all of us there that filming going on..

Funny that the guy in the front trolley (best seat in the house )seemed bored.

my friend Kevin Was also at that dinner and, sound check sent some great pics.

where are all the pictures anyway Mike?

the link of "members pics" does not work :sad: (on main page?
vintage61lefty

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours