RINGO STARR AND HIS 11TH ALL STARR BAND US TOUR SUMMER 2010

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Re: RINGO STARR AND HIS 11TH ALL STARR BAND US TOUR SUMMER 2010

Postby Deebhoy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Hmmm - I fly into New York on the 7th and its my birthday on the tenth. Where's that wife of mine :-@
Deebhoy

Postby linclink » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:32 pm

I've got my tickets to see him in Canadaigua on July 21st. Man I went for indoor seats at the front of the back and they were not cheap. But this most probably my farewell gig with Ringo, so it'll be worth it (unless he comes this close again, or tickets are cheap or these tours regain the great artists that used to grace them).
I haven't seen him since '89 & the first All-Starrs tour- which was great. The All-Starrs certainly aren't what they once were, but that's OK because Ringo is still Ringo & that's why I'll be there & glad & grateful to be able to see him one last time.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby bonovox66 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:21 am

chris wrote:i saw the first 4 or 5 versions of the all starr band. the first...with joe walsh, clarence clemons, billy preston, and several members of the band...were fantastic. i thought he could go on doing this for years. the next one was very good too. todd rundgren shared lead guitar duty with joe walsh. but eventually sheila e became a featured performer (too each his own)...and the venues got smaller. it stopped being a major musical event for me. so i stopped going.

To be completely fair, Sheila E did get several standing ovations. Only Ringo and Edgar Winter have gotten a standing ovation on any of the 2000's tours. I'll admit the line up isn't what it used to be, but I have always been pleasantly suprised with the band even if I was not looking forward to seeing anyone but Ringo (except I thought Richard Marx was a bad choice). Also, I'm glad I got a chance to see Colin Hay ( yes the guy from Men at Work). His solo stuff was actually pretty good and he does have a great voice.

Still its Ringo and he always puts on a great show. So whenever he tours I'll be there :-D
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bravefan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:24 am

No stop in Indy? I'd like to see him.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: RINGO STARR AND HIS 11TH ALL STARR BAND US TOUR SUMMER 2

Postby EddieV » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:23 pm

I have just seen the DVD from the 2008 tour. I have to say that I was impressed with the enthausiasm from the players. You get happy watching Ringo. Shame I culdn´t get ticket for his concert here in my country.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RINGO STARR AND HIS 11TH ALL STARR BAND US TOUR SUMMER 2

Postby EddieV » Mon May 02, 2011 9:49 am

Rehearsals for Europe

http://wogew.blogspot.com/
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter