Report: Unheard George Harrison Songs to be Produced by Jeff

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Report: Unheard George Harrison Songs to be Produced by Jeff

Postby I am the Paulrus » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Report: Unheard George Harrison Songs to be Produced by Jeff Lynne, Released

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

http://dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/10 ... e-released

UNHEARD songs recorded by the legendary ex-Beatle George Harrison, who died in 2001, are set to be finally released, we can reveal.

Insiders say that George’s musician pal Jeff Lynne, best known for his band the Electric Light Orchestra, is expected to work on the unknown ditties composed by Harrison during the last 15 years of his life.

“George half-finished loads of songs and often simply forgot about them,” we’re told. “He amassed an enormous amount of material in the last few years of his life and it’s likely there could be another album’s worth.

“Jeff and George were very close and worked together a lot in the later period of George’s life. It’s felt that he’s the right man to work on this material. They could have a real gem on their hands.”

Lynne, who also appeared alongside Harrison in the late Eighties supergroup The Traveling Wilburys, produced The Beatles’ comeback single Free As A Bird in 1995 as part of the group’s anthology project

He also co-produced George’s last studio album Brainwashed, working on the recording with Harrison’s son Dhani following George’s death from cancer.

News of Lynne’s potential involvement comes after the release of a new George compilation, Let It Roll, which features Harrison’s best known songs including My Sweet Lord and Got My Mind Set On You.

George’s widow Olivia recently revealed she was also considering what to do with her late husband’s unheard compositions.

“There were lots of unfinished tunes,” she explained, adding: “Some are closer to completion than others and with those I would ask for some help.”

Our source adds: “Jeff is a close family friend and someone Olivia and Dhani trust so he’s the ideal man for the job. But the final decision will be Olivia and Dhani’s.

They are very protective of George’s legacy.”
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Report: Unheard George Harrison Songs to be Produced by Jeff

Postby Mark Rink » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:24 pm

now this is exciting news thank you Paulrus ^:)^
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Harrythebannister » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:26 pm

Well if anyone's going to do it, then Jeff's the man. :salute
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jgkojak » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:04 am

Nice!

This could be really awesome.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:20 am

Thanks one more for posting exciting stuff, Paulrus !!
Very little info about unreleased Harrison stuff has come out so far, even when he was on this Earth. I wonder what´s in store and what his family will let out ............
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby bonovox66 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:30 am

This news just made my day :-D
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby linclink » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:09 am

While this is most probably inflated speculation based on Olivia's recent interview where she mentioned wanting George's unreleased/unfinished works to see the light of day...the whole shebang- however much it's still in a formative stage is...the single most exciting Beatles related news I can think of.
There are a dozen or so pretty much finished Lennon tracks that still haven't seen official release (Anthology Vol. II is still "in the works"), but most are up on youtube & have been available on bootlegs for years now... & we all know that Macca has loads of unreleased material- again most/much of which has been bootlegged & can be heard pretty easily.
The Harrison material is more closely guarded & remains more of a mystery. There are unreleased tracks from his whole career, but...it's the 90's tracks that promise the most. At various points he referenced having finished about 3 dozen or so tracks- with only about a dozen on the brilliant "Brainwashed", that would mean we'd have, roughly, another 2 albums worth of material available for release from the post-Wilburys/post-Cloud 9 period. I couldn't be more excited, especially since Dhani had recently said he was more involved with his new band & didn't want to be bogged down with dealing with his Dad's old material. So, who knows when, how, or in what form, but at least the inspiration is there, and it's being talked about. Yeah!! Blessings!!
Last edited by linclink on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:38 am

Jeff ofcoarse is the natural choice. If this comes to fruition, I'm certain it will be fantastic.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark Rink » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:Jeff ofcoarse is the natural choice. If this comes to fruition, I'm certain it will be fantastic.
hey gig hows things going \M/
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:33 pm

If it's to be done, I'd want Dhani to be heavily involved.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Next

Return to GEORGE