Hey Jude-the Song and the Video Clip

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:22 am

NITO---John also said in the same interview: "His last album sounded ok, but he sounds depressed to me"..and something like "let him go play with his Wings or whatever...I don't NEED it. I have Mother"...etc etc etc
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:33 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
NITO---John also said in the same interview: "His last album sounded ok, but he sounds depressed to me"..and something like "let him go play with his Wings or whatever...I don't NEED it. I have Mother"...etc etc etc

Hmm, well... I didn´t remmember this, but remmember that John ever had a sarcastic personality even liking someone or something...He was a kind of guy that "hide" his real feelings, a dissimulated guy, though he wanted look to be frank sometimes.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:50 am

I didnt know you fancied Let It Be, Liam!!!! [;)]

What on Earth are you talking about? I like Let It Be (the song) about as much as you like Driving Rain (the album)!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:13 am

Steve was being sarcastic, Liam.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:48 pm

Yes, Liam. I know that's extremely hard to fathom, but I was dripping with it.[:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:40 am

Yes, Liam. I know that's extremely hard to fathom, but I was dripping with it.[:D]

So was I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:13 pm

I just saw this video again the other day....classic stuff.....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:35 am

Funny you should mention that, Steve. The other night Hey Jude came on (original version), and I was just in like total awe. You know how you don't hear a song for a while, and then when you hear it again, it seems so fresh? And also probably because I have taken it for granted, hearing it so many thousands of times. But man, it really did a number on me the other night. I just couldn't BELIEVE what a magnificent song I was listening to. Unbelievable. Paul McCartney a genius? Um, I think so! LOL
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:39 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Funny you should mention that, Steve. The other night Hey Jude came on (original version), and I was just in like total awe. You know how you don't hear a song for a while, and then when you hear it again, it seems so fresh? And also probably because I have taken it for granted, hearing it so many thousands of times. But man, it really did a number on me the other night. I just couldn't BELIEVE what a magnificent song I was listening to. Unbelievable. Paul McCartney a genius? Um, I think so! LOL
That's funny, because i was thinking the VERY same thing. I still (and Im in the minority here, Im sure) say that the origianl just shreds any live version. His voice is so crisp and clear and he sings it so well....I know its the ultimate live song, but I wish he'd retire it. I like to remember the original.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:44 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
That's funny, because i was thinking the VERY same thing. I still (and Im in the minority here, Im sure) say that the origianl just shreds any live version. His voice is so crisp and clear and he sings it so well....I know its the ultimate live song, but I wish he'd retire it. I like to remember the original.

STEVE!! WOW, man. We think EXACTLY alike!! I was thinking the EXACT same thing. When I was listening to it the other night, I was like man, NO VERSION compares to THIS! Totally WAD. No diss against Paul AT ALL, but I agree that maybe he should retire it as far as performing it live. Or at least maybe just play it occasionally. You just can't beat that '68 version. I have YET to hear a version better than that.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle